An 'Errant' Myth

Destiny smiled, looking at the universe she had chosen to put her children in. It was a Percy Jackson universe, but, despite Fate's insistence that it was firmly in her domain, neither her nor her sister controlled it. In fact, no one controlled it. It was free to govern itself, and nothing could stop it from doing just that.

As she opened the portal that would place them just outside the boundaries of Camp Half-Blood, Chaos stopped by rather suddenly. Well, actually, they yeeted themself at her arm, knocking the portal over to about 400 feet away from the center of camp, where the training grounds were. Not 400 feet horizontally, 400 feet vertically. Then, they yeeted the children into the portal and ran off before Destiny could kill them. Destiny was torn between worrying about her children and chasing after Chaos, and decided on the latter.

They say you can still find a locked closet door in the Omniverse to this very day, and, especially at night, the doorknob will rattle, warning passersby of just how scary Destiny can be when you anger her.

-----

Percy Jackson was having a normal day. Finally. He was wandering around the training grounds, watching various campers train. Many of them, especially the younger ones, seemed awestruck by him, sneaking glances (or full-on staring) when they thought he wasn't looking. Then, because he can't have a single normal day, he noticed two skeletons falling from the sky.

As soon as the other demigods noticed what he was looking at, they cleared the area, weapons at the ready. The skeletons got closer, and Percy noticed that the dark-boned one (who knew skeletons could be dark-boned? He sure didn't) was holding the light-boned one almost protectively. They got even closer, and the dark-boned one braced for impact. Finally, they hit the ground with a rather loud snap that Percy assumed was caused by the skeleton's leg breaking. The Apollo cabin winced, likely wishing they could go help.

Surprisingly, the skeleton didn't collapse, instead just wincing and muttering in a language that was definitely not Greek. Or Latin. Or any other known languages, probably. It was definitely a curse word or two, though. Noticing where it was, and just how many weapons were pointed at it, the skeleton decided to speak. "1 b3aR n0 iLl 1nTeNt$," it said softly, voice glitching like a scratched record. It studied the campers, before it turned to face Percy, and he realized it didn't really have eyes. Well, it did, they just looked really weird, like floating dots. "You're not in any myths I know of," an Athena kid blurted out. It turned to face them, and everyone subconsciously tensed.

A glitched chuckle came out of the skeleton's mouth. "1 w0uLd Th1nK n0t," it said between giggles. "1'm NoT a MyTh." It continued laughing, as if the thought of being a myth amused it greatly. "Then, what are you? Who are you?" the kid asked, and we all murmured our curiosity. "YoU c4n CaLl Me 3rRoR," the skeleton said. "AnD tHi$ i$ mY b0yFr1eNd, BlUe. CoUlD y0u MaYb3 sToP a1m1nG y0uR w3aPoNs 4t Us NoW?" Everyone looked to Percy, since he was pretty much one of the oldest campers present, and he nodded.

As soon as the weapons were put away, Error sat on the ground, plopping Blue down next to it, and examined its leg. It cursed in several recognisable languages, and one of the Hermes kids said, "Language!". The skeleton ignored him and prodded at its leg, which promptly fell off. Well, about half of it did. This brought on a new, much longer bout of cursing and several gagging noises from the Apollo cabin. "D-Do you want some help?" asked an Apollo boy. The skeleton frowned. "1 d0uBt YoU h4v3 mUcH t0 h3lP m3 w1tH. 1t'Ll h3aL iN t1m3, aNyWaYs, 1 jUsT n3eD t0 wRaP iT aNd 1t'Ll b3 f1n3."

"Can we at least get you to our lead medic?"

Error shrugged. "$uRe." Then, to the campers' horror, it stood up, holding its leg in one hand and using the other to summon a glitchy, red bone, which it leaned on for support. It pointed at Percy with the hand that held its severed leg bones, which was rather disturbing. "YoU l0oK iMp0rTaNt, 4r3 y0u Th3iR l3aDeR oR s0m3tHiNg?" It shook its skull before he could answer. "NeVeRm1nD, tHaT d0e$n'T m4tTeR r1gHt NoW. CaN y0u CaRrY h1m?" Error gestured to Blue. It seemed relieved when Percy nodded, like it expected him to say no.