Anniversary

I open my eyes. The moment I do, I remember today is the anniversary of my parents death. Looking around I see that it's still dark out. I don't even try to go back to sleep. I've been tossing and turning all night.

I unwrap Andrew's arm before putting on my clothes and walking out the door, not bothering with my hygiene.

Quietly navigate my way through the halls. Not making a sound. I didn't want anyone to ask why I'm up in the dead of night.

Getting to the door, I quietly open it. Walking out of the house, I get to my car, pulling out my keys, I open my car. Getting in, I start my car.

I reverse and drive down the road. For 20 minutes I drive until I get to the cemetery. Getting out, I walk to their graves.

I fall to my knees, with tears streaming down my face.

Opening my eyes, the sunshine, blinds me. Covering my eyes with my arm to block the sun. I realize there's not a head on my chest. With my eyes covered, I feel around the bed. The spot beside me is cool.

Sitting up, I start to panic. Where's my mate? He's always here in bed. He loves waking up together.

I jump out of bed, grabbing a pair of pants from the ground, I hurry an put them on. Running out my room, I run to the kitchen to see if he's there.

I surprise the pack when I run into the kitchen. My mother runs over to me, checking for wounds.

"What's the matter baby? Are you hurt? Where's the pain?" She throws questions ar me.

"I'm fine! Have you seen Ethan?" I ask everyone.

Jennie walks over to be with a coffee mug in her hand. "Today is the anniversary of his parents death."

"Didn't he tell you?" David ask from his seat.

"No. He didn't." I say in a small voice. Why won't he tell me. We're mates. I could help him through his pain.

"Where is he?" I demand. "He needs me!"

"At their graves." David answers with his mouth full of bacon. "He goes every year."

I nod before running out of the house to my car. I speed to the cemetery. Getting there, I calm down. He needs me calm and collected.

When I'm calm I get out. Walkimg down the path. Headstones lines the fields. I follow the sound of crying.

When I het to the near end I'm meet with the sight of my mate sobbing with his face in his hands, and with his back against the twin headstone.

My heart breaks. I never want to see him like this. I feel cracks in my heart. He needs me, I'll always be here for him.

I pick him up, and set him in my lap. Wrapping my arms around him,  I hold him to my chest.

"It's okay baby. Let it all out." I whisper in his ear.

He turns in my arms, throws his arms around my neck, sobbing harder.

My poor baby!

Looking at the headstone it's a beautiful black marbled stone with angels on each side. Flowers surrounds the grave.

Here lies Bree and Matthew

1972-2004, 1973-2004

Loving mother and father

You will be missed

"Death is but a journey"

"I miss them." He whispers in my chest.

I pull his head from my chest. I wipe his tears with my thumb. "Baby... I know you miss them. But everything happens for a reason."

Looking down at him, I make sure he is listening. "You have a family that will help you through this. You not have to do this alone. There's people that will cry with you... You don't have to do this alone."

He looks up at me with big round eyes filled with tears. "Will you eat ice cream with me?"

I have to hold in my laughter. Grinning at him. "I'll do whatever you want."

He unwraps from me. Standing, he looks down at me with sad eyes. I stand too, taking his hand, we walk out of the cemetery.

Getting to our cars, we kiss and get in to our separate cars. I lead us home to the pack house.

Parking, jump out, running to Ethan before he could open the door, I open it and gently pick him up, carrying him against my chest, I take him inside.

My parents and the pack are waiting for us. Seeing us they run over to us, and fire questions at Ethan.

"I'm fine. Well I will be." Ethan smiles a sad smile. He turns to me. "Will you eat ice cream with me now?"

I chuckle before carrying him to the kitchen. Setting him on the barstool. Going to the frig, I get the cookie n cream ice cream out.

Setting it in front of him, I grab spoons, handing him one, we both eat his pain away. Little by little, I see my baby's pain slip away.

He yawns as he takes a bite. His eyes slip little by little. I take the spoon away from him, putting away the ice cream. I pick him up, and carry him to bed.

Laying him down, I take off his shoes, jeans, and t-shirt, so he's just in his boxers. Kissing his baby bump and forehead. I lay down with him, wrapping myself around my babies.

"I love you." I whisper in his ear before sleep overtakes me.