Another (slightly new) Day

I was nervously sitting up in bed after my alarm went off, considering my options.

1. Go to work and die.

2. Go to work and try not to die.

3. Stay home and pig out.

I was about to go with option 3 when my phone buzzed. Checking my inbox, I was sent one from an unknown number. Judging by the message, I'm guessing it was a worker.

-Hey.

-We cleaned that backroom for you, money should be waitin at the front desk. Sound good?

you- Yeah, gr8 thx

I turned off my phone and flopped back down on my bed. Hey, if they were able to salvage that animatronic with no problems, or so it seems, then why should I have any? I don't know... it's my new restaurant, can't give up now. Much as I kinda want to.

I did get up, get dressed and checked out the catalog again. Ordered an awesome star stage, awesome speakers, and zero awesome animatronics. I either could be freaked by them right now give or take, or just have no money. Whatever works. A little of both.

Option 2 it is. Mission: Go to work and (try not to) die.

Time Skip (7:46am)

Weary as I was, I managed to drag myself into the building and get started and unpacking the things. I walked in and already saw that the stage and speakers were set up perfectly. What, are the roaches doing this? Does it just magically appear? All jokes aside, these are some hardworking workers. I appreciate them. I collected my salvage money and went to work.

As I was heading down the hallway, kinda avoiding staff members I thought I heard like a slight... giggle or something. But it was so small that I could've imagined it. Exhaling nervously, I just continued walking. But I couldn't shake that feeling of somebody watching me. That funny, little feeling.

Time Skip (8:30am)

I will admit, the weird kids drawings and the cold air coming out of both vents gives me more comfort than ever. The drawings are actually quite festive. I like the one with that little black bear that looks kinda drunk or something. For once, I never thought I'd be so nervous sitting in a room alone. It's all I ever wanted. But now that there may be a homeless robot about to come eat my butt any second now, I do feel a tad on edge. Just a smidgen. I poked little Helpy's nose, feeling a bit better. He's a cute little fella, too bad I can't take him home and put him on my own desk. (Orrrrrrr can I?)

Anyway, I was sitting there, ordering.. cups or plates even though we still have million stocked up, it was then I heard a bit of a shuffling noise to my left. Like, sounded from the vent. I also noticed that the vent to my left stopped blowing as much air as before. And because I enjoy it so much, it kinda made me wonder. Then I remembered. Ah yes, Spaghet Fred here to kill me. I clicked on that blue tab labeled "MOTION D." Suddenly, I felt kinda clammy and nervous. Like oh wow, my new job is gonna put me at risk of death here. I was looking at the map of the building when a little exclamation mark flicked right next to me. Right next to me?

Oh naw.

I turned and aimed my flashlight up into this vent. It was still pitch black despite how bright this flashlight actually is. Whatever it was, the light scared it away after a few moments, cause I can feel cool air coming out now same as before. For such a big pile of metal, that thing does move kind of silently. That's not good.

Time Skip (8:55pm)

Finally, after ages of ordering stuff and printing stuff and unclogging stuff, (why are those toilets clogged all the time?!) and watching out for sadistic noodles, I was able to click that sweet "LOGOFF" button and get the hell out of here. I immediately ran out of the room and closed the door like my feet were on fire, not even bothering to turn anything off. Maybe one of the workers can do it. I was ready to go when I remembered something. The way that dreaded thought came into my mind, it really just struck fear to my heart. My gut had this deep, deep feeling like I really shouldn't do this. But I need to. It's my job. I heaved a heavy sigh and went outside, already dreading what I might have to do to what is out here. I went around back and saw it. An animatronic. Good thing, it actually looked like an animatronic this time, only very torn up. He's a warrior. Almost looked like a puke green rabbit.

It was missing an arm and seemed to have quite the smell on it. Actually, it was disgusting. It made me want to throw up, it smelled that bad. But, trying not to take in the putrid scent, I grabbed this thing and hoisted-

I fell down, already out of breath. What the hell? Why is it so heavy? I don't expect it to be a feather but it's like picking up a dead elephant! Okay okay just.. relax, stay cool. Maybe they're all like this. Seriously, he weighed a few tons at least.

Finally, finally after what seemed to be hours (few minutes,) I was able to get that thing to sit up in the chair. Surprised the chair just didn't fall to pieces when I got him in it. Breathing heavily, I swallowed and just pressed play on the cassette, watching this thing close as a hawk. I was seriously tempted to throw this thing back outside but considered the other option. Number one, money. It would be more money than last time. Number two, I don't want to lift this thing up again. So of course, I went with salvage. Oh boy.

Maintenance checklist yeah yeah... after the first audio played I was lightning fast into checking that first box when of course, as soon as I lifted my head, he moved. Why? He seemed just as lively as a corpse. Which is not at all. I almost felt like yelling at him, "HEY, SINCE YOU CLEARLY ARE ALIVE, YOU COULD'VE SAVED ME ALL THE TROUBLE OF PULLING YOUR PUNKASS IN HERE!" But I didn't because even when it comes to murderous robots, I don't like to resort to temper fits. Much as I want to. I tsked and just shook my head as the second audio played. I checked the box quickly again, and of course, he moved quickly. Again. I sighed.

"Listen buddy, don't make this any harder than it has to be. Sorry."
I tazed him and he sat back down normally. I did this a few more times and it was then the fifth audio played I as able to get out. I completed the checklist yeah. I just basically ran out, closed and locked the door, and jogged over to my car ready to get the hell out of here.

I survived. And tomorrow is another day.

But all I want to do tomorrow is sleep in and watch Netflix when I get up. But I can't, cause this is my job. I signed up for this. Might as well have sold my soul.