Kiss

Time Skip (9:34pm)

I dried off from my cold shower and put on some loose clothes. These past few days have been getting really hot. It made me wonder if Lefty would feel it. Stepping out of the shower and walking to the living room, I smiled. Speaking of, Lefty was sitting stiffly on the couch staring at the t.v screen. I had showed him what television was the night before and his eye was basically glued to the screen. He was so fascinated by it. I also showed him what Netflix and Disney+ was. His face lit up, if it could, at the different options he had for entertainment. I thought it was really cute. I walked into the kitchen fixing myself a bowl of fruit loops before coming back and plopping down next to him.

"What are ya watching?"

"...I'm not really ....sure."

He was on Disney+ and seemed to be watching an old show. Gargoyles I think.

"You wanna do anything today?"

"What is there to do?"

We had not spoken about the restaurant since the day I found it on fire. I wanted so badly to ask him questions about it but.. he seemed so scared almost. Something was bothering him. Though I didn't want to bug him about it either.

"...Well I was thinking of going back to the restaurant and seeing what happened?"

He made no response.

"...Nah?"

"....No."

"Well I have to go back sometime-"

"You can't."

I ate a spoonful of cereal.

"Why not? It's my place. I want to know what happened to it."

His voice seemed to darken, riddled with worry.

"You know what happened. It's gone. No point in.. going back."

There was silence after that for a few minutes as I stared at the t.v screen, not interested in the show. I glanced at him from time to time. His eye was wide, he sat perfectly still, straight back with his hands on his knees.

"...I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry. You.. you can go back but... I don't want anything to hurt you."

I chuckled a little.

"Gee you worry wart. What is there to hurt me there?"

He turned his head toward me, eye still wide.

"...What?"

His eyelid lowered and he turned his head back to the t.v.

"...Many things."

I sighed.

"Yeah maybe. I been meaning to ask you... can you feel anything?"

"Feel?"

"Yeah like uh.. like um... what does television make you feel?"

He was quiet for a moment before looking at me.

"Intrigue I suppose."

"And what do I make you feel?"

He turned his head back to the screen again. Silent. The air was so tense even with my obnoxious cereal-eating.

"...Happiness."

"Hm, is that so?"

No response for a second before he slowly nodded. I laughed and leaned myself against his arm. He seemed almost to stiffen for a moment. His talking is getting better. He's getting so much more human everyday.

"You make me pretty happy too Lefty."

I put my cereal bowl on the table in front of us just as he was wrapping his arm around my shoulders and allowing me to sort of lean on his chest. I suddenly got up and proceeded to climb onto his lap, straddling him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

Damn, the hell? New impulse I never felt before but alright. Kinda scared me actually.

His eye widened and he almost seemed to inhale.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

I only then hugged him, burying my head in his.. neck I guess? He wasn't very warm which was good. I was beginning to sweat even with the air conditioning on.

"Just uh.. more intimately hugging you I guess.."

A second more and he wrapped his furry arms around me tightly. Very snug. Man I could fall asleep like this. Puffs of cold air escaped his mouth, I could feel it on my neck. His voice got a tad softer too.

"...What for?"

"I don't know. You make me happy."

"...I like when you're happy. I like this."

I stifled a laugh to myself.

"Yeah me too."

His head seemed to turn towards mine a bit more. His muzzle was right to my head. Now I don't wanna, like, say anything but... was this a kiss? And then he turned his head back again a little, patting my back a little.

I pulled back, looking at him.

"What was that?"

"...I don't know?"

"Well, where did you see it?"

"...Elisa does it to Goliath."

"...What?"

He unwrapped an arm to point at the tv screen. I kinda leaned back and turned my head to see it better. Sure enough, two of the characters where embracing each other, kissing.

I laughed a little.

"You mean to tell me you're getting your flirting tricks from t.v?"

"....Yes?"

"Alright cool."

And without even thinking, I placed a small kiss on his nose.

"....Oh."

And I went back to hugging him, making sure my face was hidden. I mean it was an innocent kiss. T'was nothing... maybe.

~

Something rustled in the bushes at the front of (Y/N)'s house. Through the dark blanket of the night, a pair of menacing silver eyes peered through, silently stalking the prey.

Hey guys! Candy here, I wanted to ask for your most honest opinion on this fanfic so far. What are you thinking of it? What might you predict? Does it seem kinda boring? Any criticism on this or any ways to make this better? Let me know! Thank you for reading! ♥