New Voice

I was sitting on my bed after a cool shower. I was looking at the crumpled Lefty drawing from my pocket and kept smiling a little. It's amazing that he won't kill me. Or, at least not yet. Either way, he was quickly becoming a new friend of mine. I felt excited really, he was easy to talk to and didn't insult me. Not that he really could. Plus it seems like he saved me. Who knows what happened but I am alive still which is great. I remembered the napkin that had the information to a new voicebox for Lefty and dug that out of the pocket of my pants I was wearing. Then I set both the napkin and the drawing on my night stand so I wouldn't forget in the morning.

As I got cozy and ready to go to sleep, I laid in my bed for a few moments. The moon was pretty tonight. Very bright and big. Maybe it's a good sign. I did turn from my window so it wouldn't blind me whilst trying to catch a few winks.

~

The animatronic bear stood very still next to the front door of the restaurant he now roamed. He seemed to be staring up into the sky, the moon specifically. He stood there for a few moments more before slowly trudging over to the backstage area. Again, to the center of the room, in which he looked up slowly. He gazed into the darkness for a while. Once he realized there wasn't anything there, he backed into a wall and slumped down. He waited until morning came.

~

Time Skip (9:45am)

I decided not to open the restaurant today in hopes that number one, I wouldn't have to work, and number two that my friend would be able to speak. I opened the doors and closed them behind, relieved that everything was intact.

"Lefty! Hey Lefty! Where are you?"

To my surprise, he slowly walked out of the backstage area and towards me.

"...You ready to get fixed buddy? We need to meet the guy at... 10am.." I had the napkin in my hand as I tried to memorize the address. He made no response other than slightly tilting his head at me. Now my only problem was... how am I gonna get him there? I didn't have a backup truck or anything and my car is kind of small. Maybe he'll just sit in the front? No, he's too big. Hmmm.... it wasn't close enough to walk either. Who could just walk down the road with an animatronic trailing behind? I wouldn't mind it but people might think I was stealing him or something. I sighed a bit too myself.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do, I need you to come outside with me and try to fit into my car, yeah?"
It was the best option, cut me some slack here. Besides he's.... not that tall.
What am I saying, his ginormous. But Lefty took a step closer, waiting to follow me I assumed. I opened the door and held it open for him. He stepped out and stopped abruptly.
"....Now uh... go left, Lefty-"

He only stood there for a moment more before turning his head, and proceeding to walk towards the parking lot as I instructed him to do so. I jogged over and opened the passenger seat, realizing how much of a tight fit he was going to be. I could lay him down in the backseat or try to fit him in the trunk... but then it'll look like a body. He trudged over and stared at the inside of the car. Then looked to me.

"....Yeah I know, it's gonna be uncomfortable but there's no other way to be honest..."
I grabbed his paw and tried to instruct him on how to get into a car.

"You put your leg here... and your other leg goes next to... no Lefty you... okay okay, now crouch down and try to sit... Lefty-"
After a few minutes, he eventually sat down with his head craned very far down to his right. His cheek was right next to the roof of the car. I exhaled and closed the door before hopping into the driver seat. He did look a little funny in that position, but also looked painful. Was it hurting him? I hoped not. He seemed to be okay with it. All he did was stare straight ahead. I started the car and began to drive to that guy's... wherever it was that was marked on my napkin.