Why?

Warning: Slight Profanity

Time Skip (6:00pm)

I opened my eyes to see my ceiling this time instead of Lefty's furry face. I sat up to realize that I was on the couch and Lefty wasn't here. In the living room at least. Getting off of the sofa, I walked around a little groggy from my long nap.
"Lefty? You here bud?"
I went to my room, a little startled to see his figure turned from me. He seemed to be looking at something. And then he turned around and looked at me, tilting his head a little. He clutched the little drawing of him in his hands. I chuckled a little.
"...You just been here?"
He gazed at me a bit longer before turning his attention to the drawing.
"I was looking through ...your possessions."
I laughed a bit nervously, wondering what he saw. Not that I had anything to hide but still. Kinda a violation of privacy my fluffy friend.
"...Well, what'd you find?"
"This."
"...That all that caught your attention?"
He paused for a moment before nodding slowly. Something bothered me about him a little. He was such a mystery. Is it rude to ask an animatronic who they are?
Ahh, nah. I just shook my head and trudged back to the couch again after turning on my t.v. I grabbed the remote from the table and began flipping through channels. Kids shows, soap operas, crime shows, the news. Until my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and answered.
"Yello?"
"Is this (Y/N)(L/N)?"
"...Uhh, yes it is why?"
"We need you at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza right away."
It was around now that Lefty walked out of my room and looked at me, confused seemingly.
"Why? What happened?"
"We'll explain when you get here."
They hung up. What the hell.
"Lefty, I have to go somewhere."
He still stared at me as I quickly grabbed my keys and pulled on a jacket, walking toward me a few steps.
"...Why? ..W..Where?"
"I just need to go. I'll be right back okay? Don't do anything."
I left him standing there with probably a lot of questions and hurried out of the house into my car. Urgently, I probably ran every red light. The voice on the phone sounded stern. Like a police officer. So it made me pretty damn worried.

After approaching the building, I was horrified to see that there were firemen hosing down the building from flames. Policemen were everywhere, crime scene tape was around. I raced out of my car to the nearest officer.
"WHAT THE HELL?!"
I don't really scream often but this time was an exception.
A few officers turn to look at me, one coming towards me.
"You want to tell me what the FUCK is going on here?!" I steamed. My heart was racing and all I felt was just dread.
"Are you (Y/N)?"
"Yes!"
"Your restaurant was set ablaze by somebody. We don't know who yet. All we seen were four animatronics."
He took out a small notepad and a pen and then took a picture out of his pocket and held it up for me to see.
"Do you recognize this man?"
It took me a second but I realized that it was Henry.
"Yeah... that's a guy named Henry. I took an animatronic to him to repair. Why? Is he alright?"
He wrote in the pad quickly.
"We believe that he was the one who caused the fire."
I couldn't believe it. Why? What? Why Henry? Was something wrong?
"...Wait, you said four animatronics?"
"Yes."
"But... I only had three in there."
Again, he scribbled something down.
After a bit more questioning, like where I was and who I hired and all, he finally let me go. Didn't at all ease my confusion.
"We'll have more details for you soon. But for now, I suggest you go back home. We'll bring you in for more questioning tomorrow."
My anger boiled. This was my fucking restaurant, and I deserve to know what the fuck was going on. But it didn't matter, Lefty did. I needed to get back to my friend. I hurried back to my car and drove off, my mind only swimming with questions not bothering to disappear.

I got home just around 7:00, still wondering and questioning. As soon as I opened the door, Lefty stood where he was when I left.
"You're back."
"Yeah.... I am-"
I was wrapped into a furry hug.
"....Wh...What happened."
I only buried my face into his chest, nearly wanting to cry. A few tears slipped anyway. He pulled back and examined my face.
"...The restaurant is on fire."
All he did was gently wipe my tears with his thumb and looked at his hand, curious about it. He didn't answer.
"...You are. Are safe. Now."
I looked at him, confused.
"What?"
"Here. At... at home."
"....Lefty? Do you know anything about that fire? The officer told me there were four animatronics. And you know there were only three. They think Henry caused the fire."
He stared at me, half-lidded.
"...Henry did... it. There are four anim-animatronics. One you do not kn... know."
I stared at him, dumbfounded.
"...Why did Henry do it? A fourth animatronic? Lefty.. please, can you explain more?"
He seemed to hang his head a little.
"....I c-can't."
I sighed, not really expecting him to.
"Fine. I'm going to bed. Be careful. Don't come out of the house. If anybody knocks in the morning, wake me up okay?"
He nodded slowly and stood out of the way.

I only got cozy in bed just to have my head pound for answers. I was exhausted despite my long ass nap earlier. It was stressful. The only job I enjoyed was gone. My restaurant is gone. And I had no idea why.
I did however, have Lefty. And even that was enough comfort to get me into a light sleep at least.

I'm sorry if this chapter seems short! I've been kinda busy with online schooling and all these days but I wanted to write something. Thank you guys so so much for supporting and loving this story! It really does mean the world to me! ♥
Now stay safe and hopefully I'll have more chapters out soon, take care!