Chapter 6 - Family

'You can live without innocence

'You can live without innocence. You can't live without your family'

Mornings have always been something special to me. To me, it's the best time of day. It easily surpasses the afternoon where the heat is enough to do me in. Evenings are a close second from the sunset but the darkness of the nights are something I don't really enjoy besides the fact that I love seeing the stars. I don't wish to see what lurks in the dark.

The mornings. There's something alluring about it. The crisp cool air with the hazy fog covering the ground and makes sight hard for long distances. The rising sun splitting between the trees and streaming through the fog making it glisten with a sense of mystery. At the first sight of the sun the birds awaken and sing in joyous harmony to greet the new day and the same people.

The irony of it all is I'm not a huge getting up fan.

Now you must be asking why I would ramble about mornings if I don't like getting up? I'm a grumpy girl in the morning, not one of those walking on sunshine girls. Don't even ask what happens when one of my family members wakes me up, it's not pretty. Later in the morning is fine when I'm up and moving.

I know, I'm a complicated girl. I make things more complicated than they need to be.

But imagine doing something you love with the person you care about standing beside you.

My heart beat has been quick since I saw him earlier. I take in a deep breath of the clean air to calm my nerves to no result. No matter what I'm always nervous around him. Butterflies flying in my stomach and I'm almost shaking I'm so nervous.

How on earth would a man like him spend time on a girl like me? Someone's who family keeps dying. Someone who isn't accepted in his society. I'm not worth it and I'm positive that he can have any girl he wishes.

"I love mornings" I grin up at the birds who chirp on their branches "It's so beautiful" turning my head, I see Kol starring down at me already with a look I can't read.

His hand reaches for mine and intertwines our fingers together without looking away from me "You're beautiful, darling." he raises our intertwined hands and kisses my knuckles.

The words ring in my ears and sends my blood pumping faster. A nervous laugh rises in my throat and it takes everything in me not to let it surface. I find my grin stretching in a smile that I can't shake off my face and blush takes over my cheeks.

I hate it when he does that. He loves to see my face heat up that's why he does it so often. I shake my head at him "You are such a charmer" I mutter with a giggle and he laughs. I start to walk and with our hands together and his -plus mine- unwillingness to let go, he follows me.

"I speak the truth, I shall let you know" I can hear the smirk in his voice. He's silent for a moment until he speaks up again "You know, ever since our dance in front of the fire you will never believe how many people have asked if I'm courting you"