Chapter 15 - Betrayal

Song: 'Time' by Mikky Ekko

'The curse. The moon. The blood will run'

Kol looks at me in complete awe. The fact that I'm a beast hitting us both hard.

But with me it's more of the fact that my mother never said anything. She let us go through life thinking we were normal when we were anything but. Mother and Father knew for our whole lives and I bet my brother and sister still don't know. If I hadn't killed someone and activated this curse then I still wouldn't know.

They sometimes said things that wouldn't add up and I was confused but never thought anything of it. Like when mother would said "Go get the door" seconds before someone knocked. Father would always say "Trust your Instincts" and "Let your senses take over". I always thought he meant don't do something you don't want to do and listen to your heart type stuff.

Now I'm a freak. A vampire and a werewolf. Natures most unlikely combination of killing machines in one girl. I'm a blood sucking vampire who turns into a beast on full moons! I'm apart of the species that killed poor Henrik!

Oh my god, Henrik.

My mouth drops open when I remember poor Henrik died because of a werewolf. I'm not the one who killed him but I might as well be now.

I look at Kol with wide, frightened eyes. Not knowing what to do now. But most of all hoping he won't leave me because I'm more of a abomination now than I was. Apart of a species that killed his brother.

It's like how my family hates witches because of what they did to my father. I'm sure they hate werewolves for what they did to Henrik.

"Kol" I start to say in between frantic breaths of air. I notice his grip holding my head up has gone limp and I'm afraid after everything he'll toss me to the side.

I grab fists full of his shirt and cling to him. Tearing up again, feeling like that's all I'm able to do now.

I thought I was alone in this world for as long as my eternal life allows but I realize I have Kol. I don't want to lose him. I'll do anything to keep the man I love. I'll do anything not to alone for the rest of our existence.

"Please..." I whimper. Burying my head into the crook of his neck. I wrap my arms around him. "I'm not evil. I didn't know what I was, I promise." I plead.

After a few seconds, when I believe he's going to push me away, he ends up wrapping his arms around me too and pulling me onto his lap. His large hand digs into my hair and his breath comes out shallow.

"Evil is not born, it's created" Kol mutters into my ear "You have never been evil nor will you ever be. You have nothing to fear, Calla. We will get though this together."

That's easier to believe when you didn't just kill someone. When you didn't just become a hybrid freak. Vampire life was not meant for me and I was the one that was slowest at learning of our abilities. What happens now with being something else entirely?

I don't know how long we're sitting on the cold, hard ground. A lifeless body drained of blood laying just feet from us. It could be minutes or even hours. Neither of us wanting to move and face the unfair world we were brought up in. And the uncertain future that's ahead. Because like Esther said, Everything will change.

We all had our different outlooks on life and what we'd become in the future. Who we would marry and how many children we'd have. Where we would live and how we would protect the people we love. We would have made our own decisions and followed our own path.

It's all changed.

Now each and everyone of us has the same outlook on the life that someone else choose for us. Now, we see nothing. A black abyss holds the once endless opportunities we had and I'm not sure what we're to do anymore.