Two Sides of a Separate Story

"The fact that anyone would do that to a child!" Russia said staring at the woman who looked around smiling for her liquid son who had escaped her iron grip.

"She always said that my brothers were perfect, and I was the stupid mistake that deserved to be fed to a qalupalik," United said angrily.

"What is...that thing you said?" Russia asked.

"A qalupalik is a Native American monster that steals children who disobey their parents. My mother set me up with impossible challenges in an effort to have one come after me, they never did because me failing at something impossible isn't disobedience." United responded as if expecting to hear him ask about it.

"Who are your actual parents United? I know that France and England are your colonizers but not your actual parents." Russia said watching the woman glare at United and run out of the room to find South.

"Native America (obviously) and the Aztec Empire. And before you ask, technically Canada isn't my brother. He's my adopted cousin. Mexico and South, South being my twin, are my actual brothers, I was just forced to grow up separate from Mex and South since we were separated from a young age, and instead I grew up with Canada." United said Russia nodded, it made sense. All except the fact that South was separated from United. How did that happen?

"UNITED SAVE ME SHE'S TRYING TO KILL ME!" South screamed running behind United who's face turned from some form of serious to sympathetic. Native America ran in after him, she frowned and narrowed her eyes at the sight of her middle son.

"BET YOU CAN'T CATCH US YOU SHE-DEMON!!" United yelled sticking his tongue out and pulling his brother out of the room. Native groaned in anger.

"Are you okay miss?" Russia finally said as Native stared into Russia's dark, confused eyes.

"I guess so, who are you?" Native said, assuming the boy already knew who she was.

"Russia, you might know one of my forefathers like the Soviet Union/USSR or the Russian Empire. And no need to introduce yourself, United introduced me. In a venting sort of way." Russia responded reaching his hand into his pocket to grab a cold and empty bottle. He started messing with it. She was right.

"I met the Russian Empire at some point. He was...an interesting man to say the least. But everyone in Europe was interesting to me." Native said smiling at the boy who seemed a little less enthusiastic than he should've been. The Russian Empire was a very active person who always needed to move constantly, Russia seemed to be able to stand still for a month and not move a muscle.

"My father always told me that whoever was the most successful of his children he would push the hardest, he always pushed me above and beyond. Sometimes literally into the sky. Have you ever done something like that?" Russia said staring into the glass bottle, his messed up reflection staring back.

"I learned the same thing from your grandfather actually, I made some modifications but it works basically the same. The reason being I saw one of my sons falling behind, so I pushed him the most. I still pushed my other sons just...not as much as him. I can see now that I overdid it, I made him think that I hate him. It's quite the opposite actually, I love all my sons to the ends of the universe. But when I tried to make up with him, he thought it was just some cruel trick...it wasn't, but it was that day when I realized I pushed him too far. If you're wondering it was United, I overheard you talking about it earlier." Native explained a guilty and sympathetic smile grew on her face. It only reminded him of his father, although his father pushed him just as much, he still made sure to give him affection from time to time, it seemed that that was what Native America had failed at doing.

"I'm gonna give you some advice for making up with United. Take it slow, he's a...difficult person to make up with. You can't just go up to him and announce your undying platonic love for him, he obviously won't trust it. Drop some subtle hints that your sorry, such as stop glaring at him and insulting him. Slowly after a while or once he returns the favour you can start complimenting him. He'll get a little bit suspicious, but if you aren't harassing him and you've been nice to him he won't do anything like confronting you about it. Finally once he accepts your existence and isn't annoyed with your presence, spend some time becoming his friend, he's a cool guy to hang out with. You just gotta accept his...weirdness and fickle emotions. And if you don't trust me on this, I'll just tell you that I got in an extremely dangerous war with him and it took me almost a year to become friends with him again. I've had quite a lot of experience." Russia suggested Native smiled and nodded.

"Thank you very much, but I have a question. Why are you here?" Native asked Russia smiled.

"United and some other countries got into a war with England because he was a scumbag." Russia chuckled, thinking about the absolutely hilarious thing that happened with the possum earlier. Native's large smile turned to a smaller grin.

"Alright then, I'm gonna go find my sons now. And hopefully, makeup with United. Thank you again Russia, you really remind me of your grandfather." Native said walking into another room humming.

"I'M BACK AND GUESS WHO I BROUGHT WITH ME!!"