Part 10

Clock strike 4.30 pm. Ajit Rathore's eyes first fell on large wall clock then moving towards the lady in a pale baby pink saree, sitting at corner and sipping some water from her water bottle. She did not even move from an inch, twice her driver just brought her some food and she ate there only. Curiosity as well as concerned started building within Ajit with each second passing. Thinking for a moment he moved away and dialed Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Hello."

"Hello Sir."

"Yeah Ajit.. Speak up."

"Sir, You had said in the morning that you would be here by afternoon to meet that lady. She has been waiting since morning."

"Oh.. Crap!! I actually forgot about her. Give me 10 minutes, I'll be there.. And Ajit, you sure she han not been there for some donation or charity purpose?? Because two days back, I was talking to my old friend and he said that he might send someone for their Orphanage."

"No Sir. She just said she wanted to meet you only."

Scrunching his brows, Arnav gave himself a tough time to remember and think who this woman could be. Had he planned to meet someone like this?? No, he could not remember any. Thinking for a brief moment, he started car that lead the road to Sheeshmahal.

"Ajit.."

"Hello Sir.."

"Where is she??"

"That way Sir."

Asking Ajit to leave, Arnav leaded that way and moved towards waiting area. From the distance he could she a lean woman sitting facing her back, he took a few steps ahead.. And slowly the figure was becoming clearer to him.. For a moment he stopped at, it felt as if he did not need to go ahead and face the woman to recognize her. It felt that he just knew her, deeper and better.. He just knows her inside out, he just knows her touching her soul and recognizing her from her smell.. He just knows her that intensely to even distinguish her in darkness..

"Khushi??"

That mere whisper coming out from his lips was strong and louder than the noise made by crowd. It was intense and clear, her skin got goosebumps when she turned around and finally met him before her..

Like that pull, iron feels towards magnet, Arnav Singh Raizada was pulled towards her. He was unable to accept that she was there.. just at a hand distance of his touch!! Holy Shit!! His eyes scanned her face, more prominently than the X-Ray machine, her eyes got slightly moist as she could not hold his eyes on her anymore. Freeing herself from that bitterness, that hatred her heart tried to build against this man, Khushi took the lead and wrapped her arms around his waist burying her face in his chest.. His arms snaked around her lower body automatically, under the magic of this Lady Magician..

His lips pressed against her head, refusing to leave her..

"Lucknow kab aayi??"

She just held him in her embrace,

"Tum ek baar bata sakti thi Dammit.. Subah se yahan ho...Khushi?? I guess I am asking you something?? Speak up.."

He tried to push her softly but stopped when that wetness touched his bare skin below his shirt. Her grips remain same around him.. For that moment their guilty, their anger, their tear, their pain, their reluctance to accept each other fully, their patience to stay away..just got broken again and again. He took a deep sigh, pulled her closer to his body for getting every single this. That was the moment when only she mattered, their feeling mattered, their mutual acceptance and need mattered.

********************

"Madhav.. Stay here tonight and leave for Delhi tomorrow morning. I'll ask Ajit to get guest room ready for you.", saying so Arnav was about to turn around when Ajit Rathore reached there with remorse in his eyes..