Part 16

Asking for forgiveness does not show one is weak and can't handle oneself, it never shows that person does not have the knowledge to respect his/her self respect. When someone asks for forgiveness that means he/she has the guts to admit the mistake that can't be undone.

Her arms wrapped around him did not just hold him as a way to convey her "Sorry", it conveyed him that his attempts to make not-everything-but something- to get a better version of it. She wished him to know that the way he was trying to make things easier for her, is respected and accepted by her. May be with the flow of emotion and being away from her parents she could not hold herself as well as her sentiment, but now with a healthy state of mind she was ready.. not to pull him back in that web of past in fact to be his support to a bright future ahead.

Pecking her head softly Arnav pulled back, her eyes did not leave him and his hands held her.

"Khushi.. I want to promise.. I'll never hurt your parents, Buaji.. My bitter experience has no link with Buaji or your father.. I'll never restrict you or our kids to go and meet them.. But one thing I can't promise.. whether I will be ever able to forgive your mother or not.. I don't wish to dig anymore to learn whether she was a sinner to my mother by her choice or by force of circumstances.. I don't wish to know anything anymore.. I just want to concentrate on you and them.( he touched her stomach softly.) And this will continue for lifelong.. You might never have the experience to witness your mother and me a talk or any good or bad experience any longer.. You are free to do anything, Can I expect you not to expect from me not to have a nice relation with her?? I can never do that.."

On his way to parenthood, he had started to understand one thing for sure what kids means for parents and vice versa. The bond and link exist between kids and parents never ceases and it should not be ceased actually.. Fatherhood had made him to be sensitive, either in a right way or not he did not wish to research.

His bitter relation with Garima can't be turned to a sweeten one, true to his words he can't share smile with her knowing very well either knowingly or unknowingly she was the reason of his and his sister's disaster childhood. Digging past, giving grade to three characters from past, he did not wish to spoil his relationship status with Khushi any longer.

Being honest with Khushi was the only option available to him, he did not wish her to regret. In a marriage and for its continuation, those two people who are bonded in this marriage should be transparent towards each other so as their expectation from each other. And he hoped and believed Khushi would understand him. He waited for her to reply.

But nothing sort of that happen as Khushi switched off lights and moved to lie down. He sighed hard.. He also lied down on his side and turned to face wall, he did not wish to back out after reaching here with her. After coming to know this, what will be her plan?? It was a tough night going to be for him. Five minutes passed and he could not bear the silence anymore that too knowing she was wide awake like him. He was about to turn to talk to her but stopped..

"So jayiye Arnavji.."

Her soft arms snaked around his waist with a soft kiss on back of his head, the kiss that conveyed her message to him. Eyelashes felt heavy as he realized the valueless gem he had got.. Freeing himself from her grip he turned and faced her..

"I just trouble you always.. make things hard for you.."

"Yes,You do.. But Then you come back and make things clear to me why you did this also.."

Taking her hand in his, he kissed her fingers..

"I am so sorry Khushi.. Sorry for every single mistake I did.."

"Shh.. Raat kafi ho chuki hai.. So jayiye."

"Khushi.. Tum.."

Taking his hand to her heart she whispered, "Hum samjhate hai.. aur hum thik hai."