Part 13

His feet stopped at the entrance of the empty class room, those teachers, students, boring classes and hasty submission of school projects.. So many memories were there.

"Come."

Benches and desks were same so as of his academic session. He took Khushi with him to the 4th row 3rd column. Khushi was looking around when her eyes fell on the desk on which "Arnav" was engraved very deeply. She smiled and indicated Arnav the same through eyes..

"I guess you were not an Obedient Student Arnavji.. Were You??"

He glared her but not angrily.

"You know what, I wrote this in our history period back then. For me history was the most boring subject and I used to dislike that the most. Teacher was teaching and as usual I heard least. And when she found me with this decoration on desk, I was made to stand on desk for the rest of the period.. (he laughed."

Khushi could not find the way how to capture that pure laugh she witnessed. That was not an adult early 30s laugh, it belonged to that naughty little kid years back.

"What was your favorite subject??"

"Math and Geography."

"Eww.. No.. I used to hate math Arnavji.. Geography was my favorite and then Bio.. I used to hate chemistry.."

"You are a weirdo.."

"Whatever.."

"Waise Bio was not my favorite subject.. But I have never missed Bio classes as well.."

"Care to solve the puzzle.."

Biting his cheeks Arnav replied giving a long stare.. "Because.. I was kind of..Err.. smitten by our Bio teacher..She was gorgeous..Miss Elena Fernandez."

Khushi's mouth left opened, the dare of this man!! Praising another woman before her as a very normal fact. She was about to attack on her prey to eat him up but stopped.. This man, sharing light moments of past, giving her the scope to peep through his life through his eyes, letting her understand him.. was not the Arnav Singh Raizada she had met previously. This man was new.

"Aap to bachpan se hi tedhe hai Arnavji.."

"Matlab??"

"Err.. Kuch nehi.. Hum kuch aur dekhe?? Miss Elena Fernandez ko thora rest de.."

Arnav tried to suppress his smile, "Are you jealous??"

"Of whom?? Miss Elena Fernandez?? Mr Arnav Singh Raizada.. let's guess her age during then would be of 25.. And you were in class 7. That means 16 years have been passed and your Miss Elena must be 41 or so.. But yes, if you are interested in mature woman.. Then yes, I have to worry not jealous.."

Giving him a known look she started leaving, Arnav was left behind.

"Did you just say math was never your favorite subject??"

He started following her making her frown at him.

"Ab ruko bhi Khushi.. Marathon nehi hai hum charo ki beech."

She stopped abruptly.

"Chaar kaise?? Hum to do hi hai??"

"Actually you are right.. Tumahara math weak hai .. Bohot Jyada.."

Tapping her nose he went ahead leaving behind a puzzeled Khushi who started looking behind to find the other people. And there was none apart from them.

"Abhi aa bhi jao Khushi.. Warna wahi chipki jaogi."

Her jaw dropped..

**************************

He was standing by balcony having some coffee. They had planned to go other places but could not thanks to Rain. Searching for him, Khushi finally spotted him. His facial muscles were relaxed, he was at ease, with that playful gesture still presenting in his eyes.

"Did you notice something today??"

He looked back. Wearing a lemon green chiffon saree with hair tied in fishtail braid she was looking prettier. Sipping some hot tea from her cup, she came and stood by his side.

"What??", he asked gripping his wild emotion.

"You laughed at those memories which had made you cry and upset once.. You must have hated those days and today see.. Remembering that you are happy.."

"Yeah..That's strange..", he had nothing to deny her.

"Yup.. Life is strange.. We laugh at those memories for which we had cried and we cry at those memories for which we had laughed in past. Past is a part, how we are and why we are!!"

He let her to take the lead to make him understand something he had tried to understand but never could. May be before her, past was never an easy theory to be dealt with. Taking her steps ahead, she kept her cup back.

"Today whole world knows you.. Whether you accept it or not, it must not have happened this day unless some bitter incidents had taken place years back.. Those days, those memories were dreadful, but Arnavji.. that hunted past is the pillar of your success today.. You think, you have not learned to accept past!! But that's not true.. You have learned to accept past.. in a better way!! If not, then you would have been weeping on your fate even today.. But you did not let that shadow you.. It took time but you collected yourself back.."

Taking his hand in her, she added.

"None knows better than you how to deal with past. Between two of us, You have stood stronger when I gave up on our relationship. I just want to tell you, there will be never any marathon among FOUR of us.. We will walk with one another.. for lifelong. I promise.. I will love you, cherish you and want you Till Death do us apart."

Cupping his face softly, she stood on her toes locking her promise with a kiss.

****************************

Her eyes opened softly, the pillow under her head was not of cotton. She inched closer not letting go that warmth that fluffy blanket failed to save. Her nostrils hit with his fragrance making her smile.

"Hi.."

She raised her face hearing him, cupping her by her nape he pecked her head softly.

"Get ready quickly.."

"Kyun??"

"Bhul gayi.. Aaj tumhara Lucknow ki suruat hai.. Iss bar tumhari beeti hui yaadein ko samit na jo hai Mrs Raizada.."

She smiled.

"Aur agar aap bore ho jayenge to??"

"Then I'll start thinking about Miss Elena Fernandez.. I'll never get bored of her thought, I swear!!"