Love Confession

Slowly, slowly they were progressing towards their aim.

"Alex!! I think we should stop here. Everyone has tried and it's getting dark also, so it can be dangerous to proceed further." Jack suggested.

Alex agreed.

Everyone had set up their tents; to escape from snakes they spread the ammonia powder in the surrounding area; they had their dinner and went to sleep. 

**************************

Eva was unable to sleep so she came out from her tent and saw that Alex was sitting alone in the dark.

She went to him and asked, "What are you doing here alone in the dark?"

He turned back and replied, "I wasn't sleepy so I came outside." And again asked her, "What about you? Why are you here?"

She sat beside him and replied, "I also wasn't sleepy, that's why."

There was some kind of awkwardness between them; after a while of silence, He asked casually, "How is your work going on?"

She also casually answered, "Hmm! All going good."

Then in a Hesitating manner, he said, "If you don't mind then can I ask you something?"

"Hmm! Ask." She said.

"Why did you leave college without informing anyone? Do you know how upset everyone was?" He asked.

"Then were you upset too?" She asked smilingly but he refused by nodding his head and said with a nervous laugh, "Why would I be upset for you?"

Hearing this she was a little disappointed and said, "OK!! I am going inside."

She got up and was going inside but he stopped her and said, "Eva!! If you are not sleepy then I want to talk to you."

She agreed.

While looking into her eyes and with extreme nervousness he said, "The day you left college, I was going to tell you something important but till I came it was already late so at that time I hold back myself. But now as you are now in front of me I don't want to hold back myself anymore."

She asked him, "What do you mean?"

He holds her hand while deeply gazing into her eyes and said, "For a long time I wanted to tell you that I....... like you; I like you a lot, if you will come to me then I will never let you go. I want to spend every moment of my life with you. I want you to be on my side forever. As many years have passed, I don't know if you have someone you like or not. So, whatever decision you take I will respect it. But I just wanted to know that I still like you very much."

After hearing all those things, she freed her hands.

He became a little anxious.

With a serious expression, she said, "Yes you are right!! Many years have passed. And I have someone in my life whom I like very much. Actually, I don't like him but I love him a lot. And he is the only person with whom I want to spend my whole life."

With heartbreak, he said, "It's OK, I can understand."

By saying this much he was about to go into his tent.

But then she asked him, "Don't you want to know who he is?"

With an innocent smile, he replied, "No!! What if someday I met him and break into a fight with him."

He again smile at her and said, "OK!! It's late now, good night."

He turned back, and again was about to go but then from the back, she shouted with laughing, "Hey fool!! You still didn't change. Even now without knowing the whole situation, you concluded."

He shocked and was confused that what does she meant by that.

She came near to him by looking into his eyes and said, "The person I love the most is you."

By hearing this he became very much happy that he hugged her and said, "Is this real? Do you love me? You just can't imagine how much happy I am now."

"I fell in love with you since our college days. But I couldn't get the chance to confess my feelings to you. And I left college because my father's company got bankrupt so we had to sift to our hometown. There we again started a new business; there only I started my studies again. Everything happened so quickly that I couldn't get a chance to contact anyone." She said while getting little emotional.

In a consoling manner, he said, "I can understand. What had happened just forget them; we have a long way to walk so rather than feel bad about the past, it's better to focus on making our future happier."

"Yes!! You are right" she said with smiling.

"Let's sleep now, it's already very late and we have a lot more things to do tomorrow," he said.

After saying good night to each other both went to their tents.