Chapter 1

"Just relax! It's not going to heal any faster if you worry." Tails said to Sonic in a comforting tone, "But right now, Amy and I need to get supplies to help you recover."

Sonic looked at his plastered, broken leg and sighed helplessly. "Alright, but try to be quick."

Tails nodded, "I'll be quick, don't know about Amy though. But don't worry, I have someone here who'll keep you company."

Sonic rolled his eyes. "Who is it?"

"I'll keep that a small surprise. Just promise me you'll do everything he says, okay?" Tails asked, waiting for Sonic's response. Sonic nodded and Tails put a forced smile on his face, "Alright, keep calm and everything will be alright."

Tails walked out of the bedroom door, heaving a sigh of relief. He came face to face with Shadow.

"You're going to pay dearly for this," Shadow darkly threatened the kit.

Tails gulped, "Please, no one else had time on their hands and I really need to get these supplies and I at least wanna make sure Sonic doesn't try to go anywhere."

"Fine." Shadow grunted and watched as Tails gave him a curt nod before grabbing a bag and walking out of the house. Shadow opened the bedroom door and looked at the blue hedgehog lying on the bed, who was looking out the window.

"It's a sunny summer day and I really want to go outside!" Sonic said as Shadow closed the door.

"Well you can't!"

Sonic's head snapped over to look at Shadow with surprise. "Oh, so you're supervising me!"

"And what a waste of time it is." Shadow commented as he looked around the blue bedroom. There was one bookcase, a bed of which Sonic was lying on and a wooden chair that was next to the bed, which Shadow guessed Tails had put there.

"Well, you don't have to. No one's making you."

"Say that to your fox friend."

"Tails is forcing you to supervise me?" Sonic said in disbelief.

"No one else had the time. He's also worried that you'd try to get out of the house when he goes to get some supplies, of which he hopefully doesn't take too long." Shadow confirmed, pulling the wooden chair away from the bed and sat on it, watching Sonic closely.

"I don't like not being able to run around." Sonic complained as he looked at his broken leg.

"How'd that happen anyway?"

"Well, I was normally running along the fields, Tails was with me. He warned me that there was a gravel road ahead, but I didn't care to listen and well... I tripped on a huge stone. I feel onto the huge stone, it was freaking huge might I add and yeah, I heard my leg go crack and knew something wasn't right. It was also at a very odd angle. Thankfully, Tails got help." Sonic sighed as he sat back into the bed. "I hate feeling so helpless."

"That's why you've got to observe your surroundings rather than run ahead without taking precaution." Shadow stated.

"How long do you think it takes for a broken leg to heal?" Sonic asked Shadow out of curiosity.

"I estimate about... Maybe... Five or six weeks."

"Five or six weeks?! No..." Sonic said with shock, his eyes wide. "I regret everything. I should have listened to Tails."

"Yes you should have, but now you've learnt your lesson," Shadow replied, dully looking at the bookcase. "So you read?"

"Not a whole lot." Sonic sighed as he sadly looked out the window, wishing to be outside.

"Now might be the time to get into the hobby."

Shadow put a couple of books onto Sonic's bed and sat back into the wooden chair.

"Uh... I feel like I'm babysitting." Shadow commented.

Sonic chuckled, "Yeah, right. Am I really that bad?"

"You complain a lot, did anyone tell you that?"

"Tails may have mentioned it a few times." Sonic replied as he flipped through some pages in a book.

"I can definitely see how you would get bored just lying there doing nothing."

"You're telling me." Sonic laughed as he began reading through the book.

Shadow looked around the room once again, wishing very much that Tails would return any minute. He watched as Sonic read through a book quietly and slowly, his eyes began to close as he went to sleep.

"I got your -"

"Shh!" Sonic whispered, putting his index finger over his lips in a quieting gesture as Tails entered the bedroom.

Tails looked at the sleeping Shadow and then looked back at Sonic and nodded. "OK. I got some supplies."

"Amy didn't follow you back, did she?" Sonic asked quickly.

"No, I don't think so." Tails shook his head as he put a bag of medical supplies next to the bed. "So, I see you haven't escaped, Shadow's done a good job."

"He didn't really do much. Gave me these books from the bookcase and then he went to sleep. I always thought the Ultimate Lifeform didn't need to sleep, but I guess I was wrong." Sonic joked as he put the book he was reading aside.

Tails shrugged, grabbing some painkillers out of the bag, "I don't know. Should I even bother waking him up?"

"No, he looked somewhat peaceful." Sonic shook his head.

Tails nodded and gave Sonic some pills. "Take these, they should help with some of the pain."

"Thanks."

"Here's some water if you need it." Tails smiled, handing Sonic a cup of water before grabbing the bag and walking to the door. "If you do need me, just call out, I'll leave the door open." And with that, Tails was out of Sonic's sight.

Sonic took the painkillers and watched as Shadow began to wake up.

"What..."

"You took a nanny nap," Sonic laughed.

"Hmpf." Shadow grunted as he got up from the wooden chair, "I see Tails has returned with the supplies, I shall take my leave."

"Bye!" Sonic sarcastically said, waving with a smirk on his face. "See you later!"

"I hope to never see you in my sight again Faker." Shadow replied as he walked out of the bedroom.

'He's just annoyed that I've seen him sleeping.' Sonic thought.

   ~~~

Here's my new story, I'll try to update it as often as I can, my life been really busy since some time now, and I really feel guilty to make you all wait this long, but I'll try my best, I promise. Anyway, I hope you will like this new story. ^^

Votes and Comments, please. :)