Chapter 14

Tails knocked on the door, hoping at least one of them was awake to respond. Thankfully, his hope was true.

Shadow opened the bedroom door, he gave Tails a small nod before turning back around to go back to Sonic's side.

"Hey, uh..." Tails started but was interrupted by the blue hedgehog.

"Hey Tails! Um... I wanted to ask you something..." Sonic muttered, sitting up and resting against the pillows below.

Tails' tails stopped in place as he looked at his best friend with worry. "What is it?"

"Shadow has came up with the theory that this was planned from the get go. Is this true?" Sonic asked as he looked from Shadow to Tails, a questioning look on his face.

Tails frowned. Well... This wasn't exactly how I wanted to tell him. I did want him to wait till later... But I guess it's better now than later. Tails nodded and looked at the ground as he started to explain himself.

"I just... Wanted you to be with some one other than me."

"Is this exactly how you planned it?" The azure hedgehog asked, a smile on his muzzle.

"No, not really..." Tails mumbled. "It wasn't meant to be Shadow looking after you, but it's a little too late to change that now."

Sonic nodded and laughed. "I don't understand why you look so nervous. Of course, I didn't want to believe you'd actually plan on hurting me, but it wasn't without a reason. Just never do it again, please."

Tails smiled and gave a large nod. "Of course Sonic!"

"Now, what was it that you came in for?"

Tails looked away from the hedgehogs, a little unsure and gave a little shrug. "I don't remember." he gave a nervous laugh. "Ha, well, I'll be sure to tell you when I remember."

"OK."

Tails turned around and left the room, closing the door behind him. He heaved out a sigh. Amy's coming later today and there's no way I'm stopping her, but I'll try...

Shadow pointed out of the window as he noticed a pink figure walking towards the building.

"Amy's coming."

"Oh great!" Sonic pulled the blankets over his head, trying to hide.

"What are you doing Faker?" Shadow asked the blue hedgehog, unamused by the sight.

"Hiding."

"You're not doing a good job at it." The ebony hedgehog bluntly told him.

Sonic poked an eye out from under the blanket. "Tell her I'm asleep."

"She looks pretty determined. I think it's better if I hide." Shadow explained, crawling off the bed and lying on the floor beside it.

Sonic pushed the blanket off and jumped slightly when he heard a knock at the door.

"Hi Sonic! I've come over to apologize for what I've done for you! I've brought cake!" Amy called out from behind the door.

"Come in Amy!" Sonic called out as happily as possible. He put on a smile as she opened the door. Dear lord, I hope he's hiding.

Amy gave Sonic a large smile as she walked over to his bed, placing the cake on the small table in front of his bed. She looked down at him and frowned.