Chapter 21

Sonic watched the ebony hedgehog, stroking through his quills. He looks so adorable when he's sleepy, so innocent... A small smile appeared on the azure hedgehog's face as he hugged Shadow once again, not wanting to let him go.

"I'm not a toy Faker." Shadow muttered, looking over his shoulder at the blue hedgehog. "Meaning I need to be able to breath."

"Aw, you're no fun Shads." Sonic complained, loosening his grip around the ebony hedgehog's chest.

"I'm no fun when I can't breath."

Sonic laughed. OK, he has a point. He nuzzled into the ebony hedgehog's quills. "So what's the plan for today, my dear?"

"First off, I don't know. Secondly, don't call me that." Shadow replied.

"Righto." The blue hedgehog lay against Shadow, looking at the wall in front of him. He smiled. "I can't wait to actually get back on my feet and run. It's been so long since I've felt the wind go through my quills."

"You're probably going to have to get used to running again." Shadow bluntly said, turning over to face Sonic.

Sonic nervously laughed. "Yeah, that's bound to be fun." He back away from Shadow and looked at him, moving forward slightly, their noses touching.

Sonic looked over Shadow shoulder and rolled his eyes. "They aren't going to give this up, are they?"

Shadow turned around to look at the window. A large amount of people were standing outside, some of them taking pictures with their phones and others jumping around with excitement.

"Can't they just forget about it?" Sonic groaned, lying on his back and looking at the ceiling.

Shadow got up and drew the curtains over the window. The room was absolutely dark.

Shadow turned the light on and looked at the azure hedgehog.

"Happy?"

Sonic smiled. "I'll be happier once everyone gets over it." He sat up and grabbed the book from the small table, opening it and writing something down.

Shadow grunted before leaving the bedroom. He found Tails in the kitchen, cooking his breakfast.

"Morning Shadow." Tails muttered casually, giving Shadow a quick sideglance before looking back at the frying pan.

"Morning." Shadow walked to the kitchen counter. It was covered in what appeared to be thousands of letter and cards. "When were these delivered?"

"Earlier this morning." Tails simply replied, putting the pancakes he had made onto a plate and placing the frying pan into the sink.

Shadow picked one up and read to who it was for. Most of them say Sonic. But there's one that says 'Sonic & Shadow', that's great. He grabbed a pile of them and went back into Sonic's bedroom.

"I hope you like mail, you've got tones of it." The ebony hedgehog commented, placing the pile onto the table.

Sonic looked at it and shrugged, "Lovely." He put the book down and looked through the pile, opening some of them up.

"This one says, 'I knew you were gay because you'd always run away from that pink female hedgehog, I don't think I'll allow my kids to ever see you as a hero anymore'." Sonic rolled his eyes, throwing the card away, "That's nice."

"This is from Amy." Shadow muttered, handing the letter to the azure hedgehog.

Sonic snatched it out of his hand and read it in a mocking tone. "'I hope you guys read this! Why did I do it? No particular reason, perhaps just to show the world who you really are. I've tried going on dates with you, but no, something happens every time and I'm fed up with it. I sure hope you guys like the attention. Amy.'" Sonic moaned. "Yeah, kind of glad I won't ever have to go on another date with her ever again."