Chapter 11

"Aw, I see how it is..."

Shadow's eyes immediately opened as soon as he heard the feminine voice right near his ear. Angrily green eyes were staring down at him. It was still early in the morning, so there was hardly any light but that wasn't needed as he knew who it was. Especially with that hammer.

Shadow sat up quickly, ignoring the asleep Sonic that lay next to him. However, Sonic was deeply asleep and simply shifted his arms over his chest.

Shadow looked at Amy, slightly worried. She has her hammer out for a reason... It's obviously not good.

"Do you think you can just take my Sonic?" She hissed somewhat quietly as if not wanting to wake up her precious hedgehog.

She sounds... Crazy... Shadow thought as he froze in place. He wasn't sure what she was going to do to him and he found it somewhat ironic that he was scared of a pink hedgehog with a hammer. But he had seen the damage that hammer could do to her possession and that was one of the reasons for his fear.

The full moon cast a light behind her back, making her look like a silhouette except for her glowing green eyes. For a moment, Shadow could just image a flame within them.

"No one is allowed to be with my Sonic!" She yelled loudly, swinging her hammer down at him.

Shadow dashed, quickly, away from the incoming attack and landed on the ground on his feet. He looked up at the angered hedgehog, who once again attack him.

He moved back and even though he could easily take care of himself, he didn't want to hurt her.

"Amy." He muttered silently, dodging another one of her attacks.

Amy stood there, panting. She held her hammer in a battle stance.

"What?!" She demanded.

"There are better ways to solve this." Shadow told her calmly, hoping the slight fear he held for her wasn't expressed.

Amy rose the hammer over her head, slowing moving toward him, cornering him to the wall.

He teleported away, leaving Amy to look at a blank wall before realizing what he had done.

The bedroom door swung open, separating the two.

Lightfilled the room up and Tails stood there, tired and yet fully aware. He looked at the two battling hedgehogs with confused anger.

"What is going on here?!" Tails asked loudly. "We do not want anymore casualties!"

Amy grinded her teeth, giving Shadow a fiery glare.

Tails looked at her and talked softly, "Amy, calm down. We can sort this out, surely!"

Amy changed her focus to the kitsune, but she had no intention of harming the fox. It was the ebony hedgehog who was her main target. "Don't get in the middle of this Miles."

"Don't call me that!" Tails muttered silently. He hated being called his real name, especially when it was in an angered tone of voice. "Listen Amy! You don't have to do this!"

Amy was having none of it, she went in for another attack.

May Chaos forgive me, Shadow mentally preyed as he threw a chaos spear in her direction, hitting the hammer out of her and narrowly missing Sonic as it went flying through the window. The sound of breaking glass awakening the blue hedgehog.