Chapter 5

"What are you doing here Knux?" Sonic asked as he watched his bedroom door open, revealing the red echidna.

"Visiting you." Knuckles stubbornly replied, keeping distance between him and the blue hedgehog.

"That I can see. What about the Master Emerald?"

"It can look after itself for this short time." Knuckles firmly replied, a small smile appeared on his face. "So, what's it been like spending a whole week in bed?"

"Boring..." Sonic sighed, stretching the word as he flopped back onto the bed, closing his eyes. "I haven't had anything to do."

"Oh well, that's what you get, I saw it coming sooner than later." Knuckles commented.

Sonic sighed. "Got anything else to say?"

"Yeah. Why was Shadow leaving this house?" Knuckles asked, confused.

Sonic looked slightly surprised. "He left? I expected it I suppose."

"What was he even doing here to begin off with?"

"Oh, Tails needed someone to supervise me, because he thought I might harm myself... Again, and Shadow was the only one available apparently." Sonic explained to him, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Right..." Knuckles nodded and turned around as if about to leave. "Well, nice catching up with you."

"Going so soon?"

"It's not like I can fight you in this state, so don't even start." Knuckles replied, turning around and giving Sonic a glare and left.

Sonic sighed. I suppose he was worried someone would steal his Master Emerald. Where did Shadow go? He looked outside at the pouring rain. Surely I'm not that annoying.

It was still killing him the fact he couldn't go outside to run and he regretted ever braking his leg every day since, but he couldn't always keep beating himself over it.

At least some of his friends came over to keep him company when they were free and Tails had said he was going to put a TV in his room. It also surprised him how Shadow kept returning, it wasn't like he was forced. Sonic couldn't understand.

If Shadow went outside, won't he get wet? Sonic shrugged, why would it bother him if Shadow was drenched to the bone? It didn't seem like Shadow cared.

"But... Why'd he go outside when all I wanted was something to eat? Was the pantry that empty already?" Sonic asked himself silently as he looked back at the closed bedroom door. He looked at the bedside table and the book that Shadow had given him. He picked it up, grabbed a pen and started to write in it.

"Didn't do anything while I was gone?" Shadow asked as he opened the bedroom door.

Sonic shook his head as he closed the book and put it down. He looked up at Shadow in confusion. Shadow was carrying a plastic bag.

"Where did you go?" Sonic asked the ebony hedgehog with confusion.

"I thought it would be a nice change if you didn't have another simple jam sandwich." Shadow replied, giving Sonic a small white package. "And don't complain to me if it's doesn't taste right."

Sonic opened the package and would have jumped with joy if it wasn't for his broken leg.

"What took you so long?" Sonic asked as he took a bite out of the chili dog.

"I picked up a few other things. The pantry seemed to be getting a little bare." Shadow replied as he sat down in the chair. "Anything happen while I was gone?"