Chapter 20

It was hard keeping in the dark and hoping the popularity would die down. All doors were locked, all windows were shut and everything was quiet except for the muffled murmurs from outside the house.

Sonic looked at Shadow, who look at him back. Why did this have to happen? Sonic shook his head and sighed, frustrated. "This is stupid."

Shadow nodded silently in response, continuing to watch the azure hedgehog.

"While we wait for the time to pass, and hopefully those people go away, why don't we play a game?" Sonic asked brightly, grabbing hold of the TV remote.

"It's not a board game?" Shadow asked in return, letting Sonic place the controller in his gloved hands, looking down at it with confusion.

Sonic chuckled, "No. This form is game is quite virtual and three dimensional. It's pretty cool. Sometimes I wish life were a video game."

Shadow just grunted, not responding to Sonic's statement as he looked at the TV and back at the controller. Who would colour these buttons different colours and put letter of the alphabet on them? And what are the stick things? He fiddled around with the stick as Sonic laughed at him.

"Here, this is what the controller does." Sonic took hold of the controller from Shadow's hand and moved the analogue sticks around. "The left one moves characters around and the right one moves the camera, these buttons do different things." He pointed to a button that had a blue X on it. "This is usually the action button. Try it." He handed the controller back to the ebony hedgehog.

Shadow looked at the controller once again and pressed the X button and looked at the screen.

Something confirmed on the game as it faded to black and revealed a loading screen.

"I don't know how to play."

"It'll come with experience." Sonic simply replied, holding his controller with a fierce grip.

He just doesn't want to tell me how he wins...

Shadow smirked, watching Sonic's smile turn into a frown as he attempted to beat Shadow at the game. It was the 4th game in a row that it seemed Shadow was going to win and every time he turned to look at the blue hedgehog, Sonic would make an excuse as to why he lost. It was plainly simple and the controls were easy, Shadow had no difficulty in getting used to them.

Shadow watched as Sonic smashed the buttons in an angry matter. He wasn't angry at all though, he was more frustrated than anything.

The game ended with Shadow winning once again. Sonic threw the controller aside, crossing his arms and looked away from the ebony hedgehog.

"There you go, stuff it in my face and say that you won against me in a video game. Who cares?" Sonic mumbled.

"Obviously you." Shadow dully stated, turning the console and TV off, then throwing the controller aside.

Sonic just sighed, not replying and seemingly avoiding Shadow all together.

Shadow rolled his eyes. "You're acting like a child, Faker. Grow up."

"Well you're not any better." Sonic replied, still not looking at the ebony hedgehog. He had his eyes closed.

Shadow shook his head. "Whatever. I'm not in the mood for this." He had just been about to crawl off the bed when Sonic grabbed hold of his ankle. Shadow fell onto the bed. He turned to look at the azure hedgehog, annoyed. "What was that for?"