Chapter 1 - Jade

Laurens Pov:

| January 25th | Saturday |

Hi!I'm Lauren Mitchelle and am 17 years old.

My hobbies ar playing soccor,skateboarding and drawing

My hobbies ar playing soccor,skateboarding and drawing.I also play guitar and sing.

I'm the team captain of my school soccor team.

I'm currently in my room,doing my homework when I saw a moving van standing in my neighbors driveway.

My mom then called me and I walked downstairs to her."Hey Lauren.You might already know but we have a new neighbour and I wanted to say hello.Do you want to come with me?"she asked and I nodded.

It's probably just some old dude who's going to kill me if I'm too loud.

We walked over the street and mom ringed the bell.After a few seconds,the door opened and let's just say there's no old man.

"Oh Hello."a young woman greeted us with a smile.

She is really beautiful.And her smile could make me faint.

And her smile could make me faint

"Hello.We're you're neighbours and just wanted to welcome you in the neighbourhood."mom said with a smile and the woman smiled back.

"Thank you."she said."Oh um..I'm Jade."she added quickly and shook hands with mom.

"Nice to meet you.I'm Susan and this is my daughter Lauren."mom said and Jade then turned to me.

I also have an brother named Sean,who's 21 and in college right now.

"Nice to meet you too."she said while smiling at me.

"Um..I don't wanna be rude but I'm really busy with bringing the boxes inside and stuff.."Jade started and mom nodded.

"Lauren can help you if you want."she said while placing her hand on my shoulder and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"No no.You don't have to."Jade said but mom shook her head.

"She would love to help.Right Lauren?"mom said while raising an eyebrow at me.

"Uh..sure."I replied and Jade smiled at me.

"Mom?Can I talk to you for a sec?"I asked her and she nodded.We then walked a bit away from Jade.

"Why do I have to help her?"I asked her in a whisper tone.

"Because we have to get to know her."she answered and I frowned.

"Why?"I asked confused.

"Because she would be good girlfriend material for Sean."Mom said and I rolled my eyes.

Of course.It's always Sean.He's the favourite child.

No one knows I'm gay.And no one will ever know.My mom is strictly catholic and would kill me if she knew.

"Um..I go now."I told her and walked back to Jade.

"So..how can I help?"I asked with a smile.

"Um..can you please help me carry those boxes inside?"she asked and I nodded.

I picked the boxes up and carried them inside.

"Wooow."I said stunned and she chuckled.

Why is her house much nicer than mine?

"We live across from each other but your house is way nicer than mine."I said and she laughed.

"Well I hope so..because it wasn't cheap."she replied which made me chuckle.

"So..why did you move here?"I asked her while putting the box down.

"Oh sorry.It's probably personal a-"

"No it's fine."Jade interrupted me with a small chuckle.

"I'm going to be a dancer.That's why I moved here."she said and I smiled.

"Oh..cool."I replied with a smile.

"Um..can I ask you something?"I asked shyly and she nodded.

"How old are you?"I asked her and she crossed her arms while raising her eyebrow.

"Y..You just look really young a-"I stopped talking when she started laughing.

"I'm 20."she answered and I smiled nervously.

So perfect for Sean..

"How old are you?"she asked me.

"I'm 17."I answered and she smiled.

"So..are you starting dancing professionally on Monday?(today is Saturday)"I asked her but she shook her head.

"No..not yet.I'll start next month."She responded and I smirked.

"So you just wanna chill at first."I said and she laughed.

"You can say it like that."she replied with a smile.

"All boxes are inside now.You don't have to help me anymore."she said and I shrugged.

"I want to."I told her,which made her smile.

"You're cute."she said and I looked down,blushing.

"Do you say that because I'm younger than you or.."

"I said that because you are cute."she cut me off and I smiled.

"Shall we continue?"she asked and I nodded.