Chapter 20 - approval

Laurens Pov:

| February 23th | Sunday |

Today is Sunday and also Jades birthday. I'm so freakin' nervous!Her whole family is coming and also some of her friends from home.

She used to live in Arizona and everyone is flying here to celebrate her birthday.

Today was my time to wake and make her breakfast. It was a bit difficult because I wanted to make something else than pancakes but I think I did in the end pretty well.

I walked back into Jades room and kneeled down in front of her. In that moment she started to shift and then turned around, facing me.

"Good moring." She mumbled with a sleepy voice.

"Good morning, beautiful. Happy birthday." I said and she smiled widly.

"Thank you."

I then leaned down and gave her a soft kiss. "I made breakfast." I told her and she smiled.

She then slowly got up and took my hand. We walked into the living room and stared eating.

"I want to give you you're present." I told her as we finished eating and she smiled.

We got up and sat down on the couch.I brought a little box out of my pocket and handed it her. She opened the box and gasped.

I brought her a necklace. It wasn't that expensive but it also wasn't cheap.

"Lauren, it's beautiful!" Jade exclaimed and pulled me into a hug

"Thank you!" she added and I smiled while hugging her back.

"On the inside is ' my cute neighbour ' engraved." I told her as we pulled away and she smiled widly.

"I love it so much." Jade said and kissed me softly.

"Turn around, I'll put it on." I said as we pulled away and she turned around. She handed me the necklace and I put it on.

I brushed the hair away from her neck and kissed her there a few times. I then wrapped my arms around her waist and laid down on my back while pulling her with me.

She giggle which made me smile widly and I hugged her even tighter.

The bell then suddenly ringed which made us both jump. She got of me and sat up and I sat up too.

"Did some of your guests come early? I mean it's literally 11.30am." I asked and she shrugged.

"They shouldn't be here until 3pm." Jade replied while getting up and walking to the door.

She then opened the door and I froze when I saw who it was.

"Um..hello, is Lauren here?" I hear mom ask and I slowly stood up and walked towards the door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"Um..did I interrupt" She asked and I shook my head.

"No." I answered and mom nodded.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked again and she looked down.

"I..I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I know I've been an idiot but I was just so shocked." Mom started and looked back up.

"The reason I never wanted you to have a boyfriend was because I didn't want you to get hurt." she continued and I scoffed.

"And you think calling me a dyke wouldn't hurt me?" I asked her and she sighed.

"I'm sorry Lauren. I don't know what came over me. I- I was just too shocked that it slipped out." mom answered I and bite my inner cheek.

"But when I saw you two on Friday, you looked so happy." she continued and I looked at Jade with a smile.

"I am happy." I told mom and she smiled.

"But I would be happier if my mom's with me." I continued and she looked down.

"Can we just start again?" I asked and she nodded.

I looked at Jade and she gave me a sceptical look. "For me?" I asked and her face softened.

"Okay." she mumbled and I smiled at her.

She then turned to mom and hold her hand out. "It's nice to meet you Miss. Mitchelle. I'm Jade, your daughters girlfriend." Jade said and mom took her hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you too. And please call me Susan." Mom said which made me smile.

"So..what are you two doing today?" she asked and I wrapped my arm around Jades waist and brought her closer to me.

I laid my head on her should and placed my hand on her chest. "Well Jades birthday is today and the whole family is coming." I responded and mom looked at us surprised.

"Oh, happy birthday." she said and Jade smiled.

"Thanks." Jade replied and mom smiled too.

"Um..well I should go back.." mom said and we nodded.

"See you." she said and then walked away and Jade closed the door. I walked back to the couch and laid down on my back.

"Well that..was surprisingly." Jade said while laying down on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face in the crock of my neck.

"You know what?" she asked.

"Hm?"

"As much as I love your present, I think I like this more." she said and I can feel her smile on my skin.

"Having approval from your mom is amazing." she continued and I smiled.

She then lifted her head and smiled at me. "This is going to be a great 21st birthday."