Chapter 4 - I can't

Lauren Pov:

The movie is now nearly over and Jades head has been on my shoulder for minutes now,which makes my heart go like crazy!

I didn't even paid attention to the movie.I just looked down at her.

"Why exactly do you like this movie?"I asked her and she chuckled.

"I..don't really know.Probably because Kristen Stewart is hot."she answered with a chuckle.

Wait..does that mean she likes girls?

"And because the look,you had on your face when I stopped was hilarious."she said and I snorted.

"I've been your pillow for an hour now and that's how you thank me?"I asked her and she laughed.

"Sorry."she said with a chuckle and lifted her head."Thank you."she added and then kissed my cheek,which made me blush.

But not just a peck.Her lips lingered on my cheek for a few seconds.

She then pulled away and smiled at me."You're cute."she said and I blushed even more.

"You know..you're might not be good at flirting but you're really good at being cute."Jade said,causing my cheeks to get really red.

Is she flirting with me?

"Aww look at you!You're soo red!"she said with a big smile while cupping my cheeks.

She then stopped smiling and just stared at me.

I can't do this.Mom is going to kill me.

"I..I have to go.."I stuttered and she pulled away.

"Why?"she asked and we got up.

"Um..mom texted me.Dinner's ready."I lied and she crossed ger arms.

"I didn't hear your phone ring nor vibrate."she said and I just stood there speechless.

"Lauren?"she called me but I just walked backwards to the door.

"I have to go."and with that I was out the door.

I quickly walked home and got inside."You're back early."mom said surprised.

"Uh..yeah.Jade didn't feel so well."I lied and she nodded.

I then walked upstairs in my room and sat down at my desk.I looked out of my window and over to Jades house.

From my window you can look directly in her bedroom.Jade then walked into her bedroom and got through her hair.

She then suddenly looked at me and I froze.She got her phone out and texted someone.After a few seconds,my phone vibrated and I looked at my messages.

[From Jade]
Did I do something wrong?

I then looked back up to her and shook my head.I then got another text and I looked back down on my phone.

[From Jade]
I obviously did something wrong.Why else would you have run away?

[To Jade]
I can't.I'm sorry Jade.

[From Jade]
You can't what?

After that,I didn't answer her again.I just got up and laid down in my bed.

After a few minutes,I hear the door bell ring.I just turned on my side,facing away from my door.

It's probably just one of moms friends.

Then someone suddenly knocked on my door."Mom please not now!"I yelled but the door opened anyways.

I sighed and then turned around while sitting up."Mom I s-"I stopped talking when I saw that it wasn't mom.

It was Jade

Jade walked over to me and straddled my lap.She then pushed me down,so that I'm laying on my back and she grabbed my wrists and pinned them down.

"What is wrong with you?!"Jade asked angrily and I just looked at her with my mouth opened.

"Fifteen minutes earlier we we're like best friends and now you're ignoring me?"she continued with the same angry and hurt look.

"I..I'm sorry.T..There's just a lot on my mind right now a..and I'm stressed and I let everything out on you and I'm sorry."I told her and squeezed my eyes together as soon as I was finished.

I then feel her letting my wrists go and sat up on my abdomen."Oh.."she mumbled and I slowly opened my eyes.

"But I told you,you can talk to me."she said and I sat up,causing her to fall on my lap.

"I know.I'm just scared how people will react or treat me different when they know."I told her and then put my head on her shoulder.

"Can we just stay like this?"I asked her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Of course."she replied and I buried my face in the crock of her neck.

We stayed like this for a few minutes before I lifted my head again."I should go."Jade said and I nodded.

She then got up and so did I."Do I get to see you tomorrow?"Jade asked.

"I'm not sure."I told her and she pouted."Don't make that face."I said with a smile.

"I have school tomorrow,pretty long.And I don't know if I have time after that."I continued and she smiled.

"I can drive you.If you want."she suggested and I smiled.

"I would like that."I said and she smiled.

"See you tomorrow morning."she told me and then walked out.