Chapter 26 - Promotion?

Lauren's Pov:

"Okay guys, I'll see you on Friday!" Jade said and then dismissed everyone.

I walked over to Jade and hugged her tightly. "You were amazing!" I told her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank you." She replied and we then pulled away.

"Ugh everything hurts!" Amy whined while walking towards us and we laugh.

"Aren't you playing soccer too?" Jade asked and she shrugged.

"I'm the goalkeeper, I don't have to move that much." Amy responded and we chuckle.

"Do you guys wanna go eating dinner together? We can invite Sean too." Jade suggested and we agreed.

Amy quickly texted Sean and we three then walked out of the gym.

*****

Jades Pov:

We're now in the restaurant and are just talking with each other.

"So..how was the first practice?" Sean asked.

"I think it went well." I replied with a smile.

"I went great, babe. They already love you." Lauren said and my smile grew.

A little boy then suddenly started running towards us but tripped and fell. He started crying and I quickly stood up and walked towards him.

I crouched down and started calming him down. He soon stopped crying and wiped his tears away.

"Oh Benji honey."

I looked up and saw a woman looking down at us.S he's probably his mother. She picked him up and I stood up too.

"What happened?" the woman asked.

"He tripped and fell so I started calming him down until he stopped crying." I explained and she smiled.

"Thank you."

"You look familiar, do I know you?" the woman asked and her eyes then widened.

"You're working at the dance studio, right?" she asked and I nodded.

"Yeah.."

"You don't seem that happy about it." she said and I sighed.

"I love it there and the people are great. But..I always wanted to teach kids dancing but instead I work at the entrance." I explained and she smiled.

"I'm pretty good friends with the manager, maybe I can ask if she might promote you." The woman said and my eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked happily and she nodded with a smile.

"Thank you so much." I added.

"Honey, are you coming?" another woman then walked towards us.

"Yeah." she replied.

"It was nice meeting you..."

"Jade." I said and she smiled.

"I'm Carol. It was nice meeting you Jade. We see each other tomorrow." Carol said and I smiled.

"Yeah." I replied and the couple walked away.

"Baby?" I turned around and Lauren and the others looked at me confused.

I sat back down next to Lauren and couldn't stop smiling.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked while placing her hand on my thigh.

"The woman is one of my coworkers and she's friends with the manager. She'll will ask the manager if I might get promoted so I can teach kids dancing." I answered and she smiled widly.

"That's great!" She said happily.

"And who was that other woman?" Amy asked and I shrugged.

"I guess her wife or girlfriend?" I responded and she smiled.

"Aww,cute."

*****

Lauren and I are now back at home and are about to go to sleep. We already changed in our sleep clothes and got in bed.

"Today was really great." Lauren said and I laid my head on her chest.

"It really was." I replied.

I then sat up and got on top of her. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her face.

"Didnt we want to finish something?" I asked while leaning down, closer to her face.

Her smirk grew and she cupped my cheeks. She pulled my face down to hers and kissed me.

We then started making out and I pulled away after a while.

"I really want to continue this but you have school tomorrow and I have to work." I said and she sighed before nodding.

"Yeah, I know.." Lauren replied and I got off her and laid down in her arm.

"Good night, I love you." She said which made me smile.

"I love you too."

I won't be uploading this often now because school starts next week and this is my last year so I need to learn lot. I still try to upload as much as I can