II

"Eggsy, there is no such thing as honor amongst thieves." The interrogator said to Eggsy as they sit across from each other in an interrogation room. Eggsy folds his arms and slouches in his chair a bit. He had stolen a car, ran from police and hit a police car the night before. "Now, you can start giving me some names of the boys you were with, or you go down. It's up to you."

"I want to exercise my right to a phone call." Eggsy says.

The interrogator sighs and grabs the paper that had sat in front of Eggsy. "Well, I hope it's to your mum, to tell her you're going to be 18 months late for your dinner." He tears the paper and walks out.

Eggsy sits in silence for a moment, then he straightens up and pulls the medal, that he wore on a chain, from under his shirt. He tugs it off and looks at it in his hand before flipping it over to see numbers on the back. He grabs the phone and punches in the number. After a quick ring a woman answers.

"Customer Complaints, how may I help you?" She asks.

"Um... My name's Eggsy Unwin. Sorry, Gary Unwin. And I'm up shit creek. I'm in Holborn police station, and my mum said to call this number if I ever needed help and-" the woman cuts him off.

"I'm sorry, sir. Wrong number." He thinks for a moment as she's about to hang up.

"Wait! Wait! Oxfords not Brogues?" He says unsure.

It's quiet for a moment before, "Your complaint has been duly noted, and we hope that we have not lost you as a loyal customer." She hangs up and he lets the phone clatter onto the table.

Outside the police station the interrogator stands on the front steps, leaning against the wall, having a smoke break when his phone rings. He pulls it out and answers. "Yeah... You what?.. Uh... Y-... Yes, I totally understand." He hangs up and scoffs with a little toss of his hands. He tosses his smoke away and ascends the stairs. He goes back into the police station and a few seconds later Eggsy comes out. He looks around as he goes down the steps.

"Eggsy." A female voice calls when he's half way down. He turns to see Harry where the interrogator was a moment ago with Y/n standing beside him, both holding an umbrella and wearing glasses. "Would you like a lift home?" She asks.

"Who are you two?" Eggsy asks.

"The people who got you released."

"That ain't an answer."

"A little gratitude would be nice." Harry says.

"My name is Harry Hart, this is my daughter Y/n, and I gave you that medal. Your father saved my life."

Later the three sit in the empty Black Prince pub, Harry and Y/n sit across from Eggsy. "So before you was a tailor, was you in the army?" Eggsy asks Harry. "Like an officer?"

"Not quite." Harry replies.

"So where was you posted, Iraq or something?"

"Sorry, Eggsy, classified."

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?"

"The day your father died, I missed something. And if it weren't for his courage, my mistake would have cost the lives of every man present. So I owe him. Your father was a brave man. A good man. And having read your files, I think he'd be bitterly disappointed in the choices you've made."

Eggsy sits back offended and upset. "You can't talk to me like that."

"Huge IQ, great performance at primary school..." Y/n lists off. "Then it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime, never had a job."

"Oh, you think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?"

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies. First prize, regional Under-10's gymnastics two years in a row. Your couch had you pegged as Olympic team material."