NINE; ❝ CONFUSIONS AND DELUSIONS ❞

CHAPTER NINE;
❝ CONFUSIONS AND DELUSIONS !

⠀⠀⠀ELEVEN AT NIGHT, Manon found herself going up to the Astronomy Tower after her Prefect rounds

⠀⠀⠀ELEVEN AT NIGHT, Manon found herself going up to the Astronomy Tower after her Prefect rounds. It was a brilliant night — cloudless, starry with an almost full moon. Tomorrow, it'd be one and Manon will join the Marauders' to cover up their tracks and get them to the Whomping Willow. Her animagus was a raven, quite conveniently. This one seemed that it'll be a tough one, seeing how worn and battered Remus was three days prior.

⠀⠀⠀Silently, Manon took a swig of firewhiskey from the bottle she snuck out from the kitchens ten minutes ago, then climbed up on the railing of the Tower and sat down on it. She wasn't afraid of falling. She was careful and even if she did, well she was a witch, wasn't she? She could save her life.

⠀⠀⠀Again, she took a large swig. A drop ran down the corner of her mouth. She didn't bother to wipe it off.

⠀⠀⠀It had been a fortnight since the Hogsmeade date but nothing else happened after it. Manon did like her though, Violet was cute, sweet and shy, and she wanted to protect her at all costs. Manon did love her in a sense but she knew that romantically, Violet couldn't have all of her. A chunk of her was involuntarily under Regulus' name. Unfortunately, even Manon couldn't deny this one. This was the big, bold truth.

⠀⠀⠀Another swig.

⠀⠀⠀Quite frankly, Manon was more than ready to marry Violet, adopt a child or two and live in the countryside, near the Weasleys, Diggorys and Lovegoods. But the ghost of 'what if' would always haunt her. What if she could've helped him, changed him or loved him? What if he would have never left? What would have happened if she chose him instead?

⠀⠀⠀She wasn't able to choose and time was running out. She might be too late and lose Violet (maybe forever), if her mind refused to cooperate even more.

⠀⠀⠀What to do, what not — this was all driving her mad.

⠀⠀⠀“TWO DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN!” Charlotte had shrieked the second the girls woke up on Monday

⠀⠀⠀Grumpy and grouchy, except for Charlotte and Violet, they all entered the Great Hall. Today Manon really looked like her brother — her hair looked like as if she'd been playing quidditch for several hours. Kate on the other hand had these dark circles under her eyes.