Prologue: Love

The thing about love is that it comes in many different forms. People go to the city of love hoping to find their own. People lose weight and alter their skin to open new doors to it. Everyone wants love, even those who say that they don't. We search for love in our own different ways.

You read books to see two characters face different tragedies to find love. You hope for the best and the worse to see the characters grow. You watch movies and pray that the two people you want to be together, end up with each other, and then you cry when one dies but you always go in knowing there's that chance.

The cliché stories about the bad boys and the good girls. The stories about the agreements to change them and the other stories about the cheerleaders and the Goth kids; you go into the stories knowing what you're going to get. So why is that we read and write the stories but never have a happy ending for ourselves?

My story involves Jaxon Rhyker. He's the cliché.

Sarah is the best friend who starts it all.

Emily is the 'nemesis.'

Jaimie is the minor character who gives me hope.

There's more, always is when you make your life a story, but the only difference is that in my story, I can't make anything more obvious. When you start a book, you know who the girl will fall for. You know how she'll break and how to help her; no one else knows but you. That's the frustration of reading a book.

Imagine the frustration of being the one in it. Being the one to live through the frustrations.

My name is Avalon Smoak, and my story is anything butan average cliché. It's the Heartbreaker Agreement.