Chapter Five: Incidentally Pure

Sarah's arm was clutching mine as we walked into school Monday, her face was red with anger from the not so nice comments on my Instagram, and while I was affected by it, I found it easier to not let it show. It made me mad; mad enough to run and a girl like me has to be pretty mad to actually run.

There were exactly twenty-two comments on my current status on Facebook and I was beginning to get freaked out by all the people that suddenly knew who I was. I smiled at a girl who glared at me as I went to class. This was starting to become ridiculous.

"Keep walking," Sarah snapped next to and I casted a glance at her, ready to tell her I could handle one girl even three, but there were currently four mumbling and glaring.

"I thought I did something important," I said to Sarah instead and she shrugged before glaring at the girls. "Something right, Sarah,"

She smiled at me. "I think you did," She said to me before looking back at the girls. "But these garden utensils don't understand how idiotic they are for trying to stick up for a tool like him." I giggled at her and she smiled back. "I've got your back, Avalon,"

I nudged her and she laughed. "You're the-"

"I'll kill you," I jumped at the loud voice and glanced at Sarah before pulling her into the crowd a few feet a head of us. I shoved through with my elbows as Sarah gripped my hips. "If you even think about saying something like that to her face, I'll beat the living shit out of you!"

As I came to the front, I stopped and stared in shook as Jaxon held a guy against the wall with his forearm pressed against guy's neck. I couldn't stop staring as the guy struggled under him and his voice spoke lowly. I strained to hear as he choked on air and clawed his fingernails against Jaxon's arm.

I couldn't believe my eyes as I stared at the two boys. "Ava, do you even know who that is?" Sarah asked and I glanced back at her as she peeked over my shoulder. I shook my head and she sputtered as she blew my hair out of her mouth, causing me to smile at her.

"Sorry," I mumbled and she continued to stare.

"That's the guy that made fun of you on Instagram," She pushed her way to stand beside me. "I can't believe that he's beating this guy up." She said, astonished, and I was about to correct her and say that he was doing nothing but efficiently holding a guy against a wall when the loud 'smacking' sound of skin on skin hit my ears.

I watched as the scene before me unfolded, Jaxon and the other guy, with dark matching hair, began to hit each other as if there was nothing to it. I stared, shocked, as Sarah jumped up and down beside me yelling 'fight' with the crowd in chant.

Jaxon's face was bloodied as he shoved the guy back against the wall and I moved a foot out of the crowd, the only person in the vicinity of them. Jaxon's face flew to the side with blood as he was hit in his mouth again and I shivered.

The other guy shoved Jaxon to the ground and I shook with a flare of anger. "Hey," I said, but the crowd's cheers engulfed my voice. Sarah called out for me, but I was already moving as the guy sat on Jaxon's stomach, his fists hitting Jaxon repeatedly.

"Get off of him," I yelled as I jumped on the guy and knocked him to the side. He shoved me off easily before going back for Jaxon as he tried to stand up. I stood again as my heart raced with adrenaline. "Get off!" I screamed over the crowd before jumping on his back and wrapping my arms around his neck. I'd never felt so alive, as the guy stumbled away from Jaxon and gripped one of my legs.

My back was thrown into the wall and I groaned as my head hit it painfully. The guy then turned around, his face red as he reared his arm back as if he was going to hit me. I stared, shell-shocked, as his hand came flying forward, but then he was on the ground, and Jaxon was on top of him. His fists hitting the guy repeatedly.