Chapter Four: Instagram Famous

"What are you doing?" Sarah scolded me as I turned on my blinker.

"I'm taking you home...?" It came as a question as I was half sure that Sarah would want to go home and change before she dragged me to this party.

"No, I'm going straight to your house," She said as she patter her backpack that sat in her lap. "I have everything I need right here," I rolled my eyes at her as I took off my blinker and continued on down the road.

The day had been fantastic. I'd finished all of my paintings and then my final piece had been considered the best, even college application worthy. It was a very complex piece, but since it all water paints and a little acrylic, it was smudged and over lapping. I found many bad things in the side of my painting, but then again I could be wrong. The painting could be as good as Mr. Welch said, but I feel obligated to give my painting criticism.

Another thing about today was Jaxon. I had no idea he did anything with art, or that he even knew there was such a thing as an art class in our school. My cheeks heated at the memory of our brief talk in the art room and instantly I was shifting my weight again. I was so self-absorbed about him coming to ask me to the party, that I just assumed he'd stalk me. I mean, he'd already been sending the smirks and the shoves and that awful college was beginning to make me sick.

"Your face is red," Sarah said from beside me and I glanced at her. "Are you sick or something?" I glared at her before turning up the radio. She made things so awkward without having to try and God was tonight going to be awkward.

Pulling up my long drive way I looked at Sarah and smiled. "I call first shower," I said and she glared at me as I hurried out of my car and into the house. My mom smiled at us as we went and I nodded to her, hurrying to my bathroom.

"Come on, Avalon, you always get first dibs," She complained behind me as I started stripping off clothing and turning on the water. She came sprinting in behind me and grumbled as I stepped into the shower. "Nice ass," She said sarcastically.

I poked my head out of the shower and smiled. "Thanks it's an original,"

"Like Kim Kardashian," She said and I laughed as she hoped onto the sink counter and started to play on her phone.

"I'm totally taking that as a compliment." I said before pulling back into the shower and laughing at her grumbling.

It took two hours to take two showers, blow dry our hair and for me to start whining about Sarah trying to put me into a dress.

"It's not a ball gown," Sarah said as she threw her hands in the air drastically. "It's a stupid skank dress, and I want you to put it on." I narrowed my eyes at her and she sighed heavily. "I'm not calling you a skank,"

"No you're just calling my eighth grade dress that." I mumbled and she threw dress down. "And now you're treating it like trash, come on, it was longer in the eighth grade." I complained and she drew her hands down her face.

"You are killing me here, Ava," She said as she sat down next to me and covered her face. "Can't you please just put on the dress; I won't even make you wear heels."

"If you thought I was wearing heels to begin with you were wrong," I said as I stood in my tank-top and walked to my closet. "How about I choose the outfit, you criticize and I wear it anyways?" Her eyes locked with mine in a hard stare and I smirked. "Great, I'm glad you agree."

I shifted through my closet and pulled out Sarah's dark red skinny jeans before shifting through it again for a t-shirt. Sarah sighed as I grabbed a black tank-top with the words; I am Iron Man, written on the front. I smiled as I showed them to her.