Eden and the Feelings

"Hey, Stan

"Hey, Stan." Eden says anxiously as she approaches the boy at his locker the next morning. "Eden.." he lightly smiles, a blush creeping itself onto his cheeks.

"Look, um, about last night..." she looks down at the ground. "I think you're really cool and all that, and I really wanna be friends, just.. we can't.. I can't date someone that I'd have to keep hiding." She sighs.

Stanley's smile slowly drops. "Yeah. I.. I totally get it. I wouldn't wanna.. I wouldn't want your dad to kill me and stuff.." he responds, disappointed. "Plus, we don't really know each other that well, it really was just heat of the moment stuff." She nods.

"Heat of the moment. You're right." He purses his lips. "But.. I have decided that I want to be your friend." She states. "Friend.. Yeah, sure." Stanley awkwardly nods, clearing his throat. "Okay, well, I'll see you in science class." She waves to him, before walking off to Math class.

"She What?!" Richie, Bill, And Eddie all yell in shock as Stanley explains the events of last night at the lunch table.

"Shh! Guys, keep your voices down." Stanley whispers. "Eden Moore kissed you?" Eddie asks. "Yeah, but we can't date." Stanley nods.

"Why the fuck not?" Richie inquires. "Because her parents absolutely hate me. If they saw me anywhere near her, they'd snap my neck." He explains.

"Shit, dude. That sucks."

"You What?!" Beverly whispers. "I know. How could I be so stupid." Eden hides her face in her arms. "Now he's probably getting the wrong idea. I mean, Stanley's nice and all, but I can't.. I don't even know him that well." She sighs.

"Do you like him?" Beverly inquires. "I don't know!" She responds. "I've never actually liked someone before so I don't even know how it feels." She mumbles.

"Well, you kissed him back, didn't you? So, don't you like him?"

"I don't know.. it was just.. I mean, the kiss kinda felt nice." She blushes. "But, I don't think I like Stan." She concludes.

"Alright. Well, whatever you say." Beverly shrugs. "I'll probably go talk to Stellen later today. He always knows how to help me with my problems, cause god knows I've got lots of those." She chuckles, taking a fry from Beverly's tray.

Beverly laughs. "You and me both, Eden." 

Eden pushes through the donut shop, spotting Stellen standing right by the entrance, reading a book.

She grabs his wrist, pulling him into the employees only room. "Woah. Uhm, hey." He smiles, setting the book down. "Stell, I need your help." She takes his hands.

Stellen looks down at their hands, then back up at the girl. "I may or may not have kissed Stanley Uris and don't know how I feel." She shuts her eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh.. oh, okay." Stellen nods for a moment, sighing. "Well, maybe, if you don't know how you feel, just wait until you do." He suggests.

"I mean, Dennie, you're a really awesome girl and I'm pretty sure that you'll figure it out."

She smiles, pulling him in for a hug. "Thanks, Stell, I love you." She pulls out, then looks back to him. "I told Stan to stay friends for now if that's any better. At least until I get my feelings in check."

"That's good." Stellen nods. "Is that all you came for.. or do you want another free donut?" A smile creeps its way into his lips.

"You know me so well." She chuckles, letting go of his hand and walking over to a fresh tray of donuts. "You're not supposed to take one from there." Stellen comments.

"Watch me." She smirks, taking a donut and biting a large portion of it. "Oh, my god! That's so fucking hot!" She spits it out immediately.

"I swear to god! I think I just burnt my tongue!" She shouts, causing the boy to laugh. "Are you seriously laughing at me?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah! Kinda!" He continues to laugh. She grabs a towel from beside her, playfully slapping the boy with it. "Ahh!" He screams, shielding himself with his arms.

"Don't laugh at me." She jumps onto his back, causing the both of them to fall down out into the hallway, Eden on top of Stellen.

Eden looks down at him as he smiles at her. They both chuckle, before hearing the door ring.

Eden looks over, making eye contact with Stanley. He eyes the both of them in confusion, then runs out of the store.

"Shit. Uhm, I think Stan is gonna hate me now, so I have to go fix this." Eden says quickly, getting off of Stellen and running out after the curly headed boy.

Stellen watches her leave with a sigh. "Stell, What are you doing on the floor? Get to work." His father says, peering out from over the counter.

"Stan! Hey, Stan!" Eden shouts. He stops running, then turns around, allowing her to catch up. "Hey, can we take a walk?" She asks, holding out her hand.

He looks down at it, then sighs, taking it.
As they walk hand in hand in the warm near-summer breeze, Eden keeps her eyes on the sidewalk beneath their feet. Then, she looks up at the boy.

"Stanley, In truth, I have mixed feelings about yesterday." She admits. "In what way?" He inquires.

"You seem like a really nice guy. But.. we've only known each other for, like, a week, and.. my parents hate you.. it was in the moment.." she sighs.

"Just, all my problems were piled up on top of each other, and then you kissed me and I.. I guess I just got distracted." She explains.

"Right. What about the boy inside the donut shop?" He questions. "That's Stellen. He's my best friend. We just fell down." She chuckles.

"Oh." Stanley smiles. "So, friends?" She stops walking, looking straight up into his honey eyes. She leans in, softly kissing his cheek.

"Yeah, Friends." Stanley nods, mouth hanging slight open.

authors note:
next chapter will officially
begin the IT 2017 film!!