Eden and the Pain

[this gif has me feeling some type of way]

Stanley and Eden pull up to the eerie house just a little after everyone else, where they quickly place the bike on the kick stand, Stanley holding Eden up

"Bill, you can't go in there! This is crazy." Beverly shouts. "Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us?" Bill pauses.

"Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but..." he sighs.

"He isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own."

He turns back to the house, reaching for the doorknob. "Wow." Richie says. "What?" Ben asks. "He didn't stutter once."

They all follow forward, Eden wanting to, but couldn't since Stanley was holding her back. "Wait!" He calls.

"Um. Shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just in case something bad happens?" Stanley looks over to glance at Eden.

"Wh-Who wants to stay out here?" Bill asks. Suddenly, everyone's hands except for Beverly's shoot up. "Fuck." Richie sighs.

"It's okay. I'll go." Eden says. "No, you're not going." Stanley shakes his head. "S-S-S-Stan's right. You're hurt, Eden." Bill nods.

"Fine. Eddie and I can go." Richie sighs. "What? I didn't agree to this." The short boy speaks up. "Eddie, we're going." Richie pulls him by the arm, forcefully bringing the boy inside.

"Stan, can you set me down? My legs hurt." Eden requests. Stanley nods, helping her down onto the porch stairs, then taking a seat beside her while the others have their own conversations.

"Why'd you kiss me back there?" Stanley asks, looking down at the ground. "Because I like you." Eden responds. "But I thought you liked Stellen."

"What gave you the impression that I liked him?" She curiously looks to the boy. "I mean, you told him. I heard you. It was the day we helped mike." He explains.

"I don't follow.." She trails off. "At Derry's Donuts. You told him all about how you didn't know what to feel and now you do." He responds.

"You.. heard that? Stan, that... that was meant to be a practice on what to say.. to you." She states. "To me?" His lip lightly curves up into a smile.