Chapter 9

Ariella sighed. She was at the doorstep of her house. Because of her apparating too much, she felt sick. Suddenly, she saw a snowy owl perching on the window of her room. 'What is Hedwig doing here?'

Ariella called for the bird silently and Hedwig obediently perched on her hand. She stroked the furry head of the owl while talking to her softly. "What brings you here, darling girl? Does Harry have a letter for me?"

Hedwig bit Ariella's finger affectionately and hooted in a manner of saying 'yes'. Ariella laughed slightly. "Well, how about we go inside first? I'm sure you're tired from all that flying."

Ariella entered the house slowly. She didn't want to alert her father. Ariella was sure that Charlie was already worried sick. Bella probably told him a big lie about her, she was horrible at lying, but Charlie was often oblivious about her deceiving. Ariella climbed the stairs to her room quietly and once she arrived, she put Hedwig down on a nearby windowsill. She took some owl food that she had bought from Hogsmeade, something that she bought because she knew that she would be receiving a lot of letters from the Golden Trio. She fed the owl while taking the letter tied to her foot.

Sitting down on her bed, she opened the letter and read it silently.

Ariella,

Hey! It's me. How have you been doing? Things here in Hogwarts are changing and I don't like it one bit. If you didn't know yet, during summer, a dementor came and attacked me and Dudley. I did what I had to do and performed the Patronus Charm that you and Remus taught me during third year. Apparently, because I performed magic in front of a muggle, I was expelled from Hogwarts. I was devastated, of course, but then a group of people came and rescued me from the Dursleys. I won't say who they are because this letter might be intercepted. Anyway, I stayed with Snuffles and the Weasley's during the rest of my summer. Dumbledore told the Ministry that I at least deserved a fair trial so I did. I got out of it and was able to return to Hogwarts. The woman who was in my trial, Dolores Umbridge, she's our new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Oh, Ariella, if only you were here, oh wait no, that would be much more horrible. You and her would probably have screaming matches and arguments everywhere.

Ariella laughed at the last statement. She wondered what the little pink bitch could have done to make Harry think that this would happen.

Ariella she's really, really, really horrible. On the first day, she demanded for us to greet her back with as much enthusiasm and it's really hard to do that when you're greeting someone you hate and wearing pink. Ugh, not to mention her sickly sweet false voice. Also, her lessons are quite boring. Imagine, she doesn't let us use magic! And in our O.W.L's we have a practical examination. According to the grapevine, with enough study and theory it will be enough. Like that's enough. Anyway, we really miss you. I hope we can see each other in Hogsmeade soon. Come visit us alright?

Harry Potter