Chapter 44

Ariella groaned in frustration as she apparated to the Ministry of Magic. The situation was way more complicated than what Severus had told her. Apparently, the fifteen year olds had managed to get Umbridge inside the Forbidden Forest, and along the way, they had set off a herd of centaurs. The nectuars went after Umbridge after she attacked one of their own and so the rest was history.

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville were in the Ministry of Magic. Specifically the Department of Mysteries. From the brief while that Minerva and Ariella were together, the older woman had already told the vampire of the situation, which of course, includes the Prophecy of the Boy Who Lived. 

"I swear, this kid just can't get a year without being haunted by his past." Ariella snarled as she dashed past unknowing wizards and witches, running all the way to the Department of Mysteries, not even waiting for the lift. Her wand was out as she ran and she mentally hoped that Sirius wouldn't go. As much as Ariella can relate to his concern, she did NOT want him to get hurt in any means. 

She sighed in relief when she saw the door of the department. The vampire hybrid slammed the door open, and scowled when she saw that the door led to a room with more doors. Ariella sniffed the air for a moment, and headed to the door with the smell of Neville's blood, which definitely was already a red flag for her.

Once more, Ariella slammed the door open, and the students looked at her with relief in their eyes - only to be overridden with complete fear. What they saw wasn't the warm teaching assistant that they pass by through the corridors of their school, nor the kind Ravenclaw that always greeted them whenever she can and helped them with whatever. The snarling red-eyed woman with gold mist was definitely not the Ariella that they were used to seeing.

The fifth-years watched in awe as the Death Eaters that were holding them were bounced back due to the golden mist that had flown from Ariella all the way to them. Ariella said, clear as day, "Go. Find no more trouble."

"Ariella -" Harry began.

"No." Ariella growled, pointing her wand towards the Death Eaters and fighting them to her best ability. "I won't say this again. This will get ugly. Go."

"You can't fight them alone." Ginny said indignantly.

"Reinforcements will come sooner or later." Ariella swiped up her wand, blocking a jet of green light. "Besides, they can't kill what's already dead."

With that, Ariella disappeared from their sight and grabbed the collars of each Death Eater before they could even blink. She went to the middle of the room and murmured, "Incarceous."

The ropes successfully bound the evil wizards together, and Ariella watched Bellatrix Lestrange with disgust in her eyes. She groaned when she felt stares behind her back, and knew that it was the trio. Soon, wisps of white light flew towards the room making her glare at them.

"You're like five minutes late. What took you so long? Got stuck up in apparition traffic?"

---

[ hi. it's me again. I'm back from the dead. I won't guarantee an update every day, but hopefully I can update uh, about once a week or once every two weeks? I think inspiration will hit me then. Anyway, thank you so much for 87K reads and 2.2K votes. I really do appreciate it. 

One question, though, would you like me to do a face reveal once we reach 100K? Just a thought. ]