Chapter 22

"For whom was that letter?" Jasper asked curiously from the doorway of his study. He was now dressed in a long sleeved shirt that he rolled up to his elbows and a pair of black denim jeans.

"To my friends." Ariella replied, looking up and smiling at the honey-blonde vampire. "Their names are –"

"Hermione, Ron and Harry." Jasper interrupted. "I heard."

Ariella laughed. The sound of bells chiming was all she could hear, but to Jasper, it was like angels singing. Unconsciously, Jasper spoke a thought out loud, "You know, I'm surprised you're not going berserk. The first time I even smelt Bella, I had a hard time."

"I can't imagine hurting anyone." Ariella responded immediately. "Though, yes, Bella smells mouthwatering, but every time I think about what I want to do with her, I think of the fact that she is my sister."

"I suppose you are right." Jasper smiled weakly at Ariella. The brunette vampire stood up and walked towards the bedroom. Jasper followed her, and was surprised to see Alice dragging her away. "That fast, huh?"

Alice playfully stuck her tongue out and dragged Ariella all the way to her room. There, she dressed Ariella in a simple pair of high waist shorts and a crop top. Sweatdropping, Ariella asked Alice nervously. "Am I even still going to a baseball game?"

"According to my vision, you'll be umpiring with Bella." This immediately soured Ariella's mood. Sensing the drop in her mood, Alice reassured Ariella silently, "Don't worry. It won't go as bad as you think it will."

"Will it?" Ariella asked rhetorically.

Alice remained silent, and then continued on to push her out of her room. "Go to Rose, she has plenty of shoes."

'Bloody hell, she's worse than Ginny when it comes to dressing.' Ariella groaned. She ran to Rosalie's room, arriving there in less than a second. Contemplating whether or not to go in, Ariella chose the latter and went to take a risk instead. She did not know exactly what the extent of her abilities was, so she decided to do a little experiment. Ariella looked around and treaded carefully back into Jasper's room.

When she entered, she was surprised to find Jasper shirtless, holding his long sleeved shirt and a 3/4th sleeved shirt. Widening her eyes in surprise, she apologized profusely and went out quickly. Jasper immediately went out and leaned on the doorway of his room. Smirking, he said to Ariella, "That eager to see me, suga'?"

"Hush, you." Ariella groaned entering his room once more. "What were you doing shirtless anyway?"

"Changing." Jasper shrugged. Ariella squatted down on the carpet."What ya' doin'?"

"Getting my fuckin' boots. I'll be damned if I have to wear high heels and umpiring." Ariella scowled. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "It's too far for me to use the summoning charm, it might cause some – uh – destructions on the way. So . . ."

Jasper observed his mate quietly. He took note of the smallest things. The way her right eyebrow twitched everytime she thought of an idea but would never work. The way her hair floated around her, the way air surrounded her. Absolutely everything about her.

"Aha!" Ariella suddenly exclaimed. She summoned her journal, which was in Jasper's study. Ariella flicked through the pages before stopping and looking at the spell she was looking for.