Chapter 12

Ariella and Edward remained silent at first, before Ariella broke the silence. "A-Alright, uhm, what instruments can you play?"

Edward, though not being able to read the girl's mind, could sense that she was uncomfortable around him. Ariella could not even bring herself to look at him in the eyes. "I can play various instruments, but I am best at piano."

"O-Oh, alright. Well, I am best at violin, but I can play various instruments as well." Ariella replied. She wanted to smack herself for stuttering around the guy.

"Then, why don't we make a musical piece that contains a piano and a violin?" Edward suggested. He was trying his best to make the girl comfortable around him, not only because she was Bella's sister, but because he also felt guilty that he was the reason she felt so uncomfortable around – well – him.

"That's a wonderful idea." Ariella hummed, summoning the courage and looking at Edward with a smile on her face.

"How about we meet at my house later?" Edward suggested. "I heard you and my sister will be working on an essay later, so this would be a good time to make it as well. Although, knowing Rosalie and Alice, they would probably turn this to a sleep over."

"Well, I'll have to ask my father, but I'm certain he'll allow me." Ariella said, standing up as the bell sounded. "I'll see you later then, Edward."

Edward smiled at her slightly then Ariella quickly exited the room. She rushed to her next subject, which was Dance. Weird subject, but it was something Ariella loved and held dearly to her heart. She entered the room and changed into a pair of cycling shorts and an off the shoulder top that she often used for dancing. According to the school's manual, there wasn't really a specific uniform for this subject. Unlike gym.

The class passed by quickly, the entire class complimenting Ariella on her brilliant dancing. After that, she had a free period, so she went to the gym and hid under the bleachers. She took out her journal and a quill and ink. Even though Ariella owned countless pens, she still preferred writing with a quill. She dipped her quill into her ink and started writing feverishly.

Dear journal,

This week has been very peculiar, and things are quite different here compared to Hogwarts. I mean, of course it would be different, since Hogwarts is a wizarding school, but in a way, Forks High School is different is such manner that it is very easily forgotten. What I mean is that there's nothing really special with it. With the exception of the Cullens, I suppose. They're a very interesting family. From what I have heard from Rosalie, Esme and Carlisle Cullen adopted all of them when they were quite young. Due to that, I highly respect the couple for sticking to adopting 5 children. I mean, wouldn't it be very difficult? Most parents already struggle with just 1 child, but they still went and adopted all of them.

-A.D.S.