Chapter 27

"It's too dangerous, I don't want him within a hundred miles of her." Edward protested.

"Oh toughen up, Eddy-boy!" Ariella groaned. "When the hell are you going to realize that Bella is actually protected? Stop acting as though she's glass that's going to break any minute."

Bella looked at her sister in surprise. Jasper nodded his head. "I don't think he'll attack now. He'll wait for us to desert Bella."

"Well, it won't take long for him to realize that won't happen."

Ariella sighed. "This is what's going to happen. And no objections. Bella, you're leaving tonight, whether or not the tracker sees you. You tell Dad that you hate Forks and that you can't stand another minute here anymore. Tell him whatever story that works. Pack anything in sight, anything that your hands could touch, then get in your truck. I don't care what he says to you. You have fifteen minutes. Hear me? Fifteen bloody minutes, Bella."

Edward groaned, knowing he has no more say in this. Ariella released Bella as Edward spun the jeep around back to Forks. "What are the arrangements?"

"When we get to the house, if the tracker is not there, I'll walk her to the door. Then she has fifteen minutes." Edward glared at Bella from the rearview mirror. Ariella rolled her eyes once again. "Jasper, you take the outside of the house. Ariella, you get the truck. I'll be inside as long as she is. After she's out, you two can take the jeep home and tell Carlisle."

"I'm sorry, what?!" Ariella exclaimed. "No, no, no."

"Think it through, Ariella, I don't know how long I'll be gone." Edward reasoned.

"Ariella, James saw your reaction earlier in the field. He'll know you're going to be with Bella." Jasper said. Ariella huffed.

"I think you should let me go alone." Bella whispered.

Ariella groaned. "Bella, please. The Cullens are already putting themselves in danger to bloody protect you. Please listen to us first."

"Charlie's not an imbecile. If you're not going to be here tomorrow, he's going to get suspicious." Bella protested.

"That's irrelevant, we'll make sure he's safe and that's all that matters." Jasper said.

"Then what about this tracker? He saw the way Edward and Ariella acted tonight. He's going to think you're with me, wherever you are." Bella explained.

Jasper looked pointedly at the other two vampires. "She's right, Edward, Ariella."

"So, what?" Edward asked Jasper incredulously. "You think I should let her go alone?!"

Ariella was pulled into another vision, her eyes glassing over. After a few seconds, she spoke up. "Of course not. Alice, Jasper and I will take her."

"No." Edward repeated, defeat in his voice. "I can't do that."

"Just – stay here for a few days. Let Charlie see that you haven't kidnapped me or something ridiculous like that." Bella said. "Lead James on a wild goose chase, make sure he's completely off my trail. Then take a roundabout route and come meet me. Then Ariella and Jasper can go home."

---

[ so hey, its me. im so so so sorry for not updating for so long. truth be told, i think after this i may not be able to update for quite a bit. other than having major writers block, my father is also quite worried about us because he works in the hospital and comes home everyday. with the corona virus happening and everything else, i might have to postpone the updates on this book for a while. i really apologize.

on the other hand, i might be updating other stories, but there will be no specific update schedule. but dont get your hopes up. i promise, i will update this once i finish the chapters i have in hand. im so sorry for the disappointment on the fact that you may not be able to read this book for quite a while. hopefully, i will be able to update once the corona virus is over.

everyone, please stay safe wherever you are! ]