Chapter 20

"Well, a thunderstorm is coming." Alice said, the smile returning to her face. "You know what happens during thunderstorms, Jas."

Jasper's face immediately lit up. A grin was plastered on his face as he turned to look at Ariella. "What do you think of playing baseball?"

"Baseball?" Ariella asked.

Jasper remained smiling. "Well, it is the American pastime. So, what do you say?"

"Sounds fun." Ariella shrugged. "Will Bella be watching?"

"Yes." Alice said, turning to look at Edward's room. "Speaking of which, he sounds ready to devour Bella. I better go."

"Uh, what?" Ariella exclaimed, alarm overtaking her features. Carlisle went on and stopped her before she could do anything rash.

"She's joking." Carlisle chuckled.

Ariella calmed down and smiled sheepishly at the doctor. She sat down on one of the chairs in the living room, taking a moment to actually analyze what was happening to her. While she was deep in thought, a snowy white owl perched on the door of the Cullen residence. Ariella sensed the owl outside of the house, and went out to inspect. She saw Hedwig, staring at her through those beady eyes of her. She laughed quietly. "Well, hello there. Do you have something for me?"

Hedwig happily stuck her foot out, a letter tied to it. Ariella stared at the letter curiously, and then she remembered Harry Potter, who always wrote to her when she had time. Smiling at Hedwig, she said, "Are you hungry? I have some owl food – wait, no, I don't. Sorry, girl."

Hedwig just hooted at the vampire girl and nipped her finger affectionately. Ariella looked at the letter and opened it quietly, and read it quickly.

Ariella,

Okay, you caught me, it was Hermione who wrote both this letter and the letter I sent before. But hey! It's not my fault I at least want my handwriting to be understandable, even if it isn't my handwriting. I told Hermione what you said, and when I was finished, she was literally glowing in excitement. Not over exaggerating, I promise. Anyway, today was the second day of classes, September 2nd, 1995. I also got a detention with Umbridge. I won't say what happened, because I'm afraid that this letter will get intercepted. The only thing I can say is that it was horrible. Really horrible. If you have a spell I can use to hide stuff from people who are not meant to receive it, it would be really great. Anyway, Ron, Hermione and I are doing great. Don't forget to update us on the happenings on your life too!

Harry Potter

Ariella sighed as she finished reading the letter. Looking around, she looked for a piece of parchment. Looking at Jasper, who was the only one in the living room with her (as Carlisle had excused himself to retreat to his bedroom to change for the baseball game), she asked him, rather sheepish. "Jas? Do you have my bag?"

"Yes, it's upstairs in my bedroom. Would you like to go with me there?" Jasper asked, gesturing to the second floor of his fairly marvelous house.

"Oh, alright." Ariella smiled, taking Jasper's hand and walking up to his room.

~~~

And this concludes the upspree, folks! Will be updating again when I finish up to Chapter 30. Have fun! Stay safe!