Chapter 1 - The bus ride to the park

"Nyx Luna Umbra! Get your ass home, now!" Jamie, my step-mother commanded me over the phone

"Nyx Luna Umbra! Get your ass home, now!" Jamie, my step-mother commanded me over the phone. She called and I probably shouldn't have answered.

"One moment, Jamie," I say, going through the pockets of my coat, trying to find my headphones. After finding them, I plug them in to my blueish, purple-ish phone. "Now you can continue," keeping the headphones by my left ear, so she didn't ruin my ears.

"You need to get your ass back home before I call your father," She was trying too hard to be commanding.

I roll my eyes. "And why should I? I specifically remember you saying that if I wanted to go anywhere, I had to ride the bus," I say with a little sass. The bus stops. Only two more stops 'till that little gravel path that leads to the park. My father and Jamie hate it when I go there.

"Because .... Of the murders. Yeah. The murders, Nyx. If you died, then your father would be pissed. I would be sad. And what about James? Hmm? Your brother would go into depression if you died, that's what would happen!" She shouldn't have brought James into this. She didn't know that he's dead. He committed suicide.

I shake my head. This guy in a black hoodie sits next to me, a very bloody guy sits across from him. "Jamie. Shut Up! Okay. Number one. If it meant getting away from you people, then maybe dying wouldn't be bad. Number two. You shouldn't have even mentioned James. James would be happy if I died because I'd be with him. Number three. I can protect myself. Now, bye." I hang up on her and sigh. I'm going to have bruises tonight.

I look over at the bloody guy. He's blonde and has blue eyes. And very tan skin. I wonder how he got past the bus driver. And also how he got that much blood on himself. He looks over at me and meets my gaze. His eyes widened. "Can you see me?"

I nod. K. That's how he got past the bus driver. He was dead. My ability is to see the dead and also demons. Even when the demons don't want to be seen. He does a little dance in his seat, "Of course! How could I forget? You're a psychic! Nyx, don't trust this guy," he points to the guy next to me. " He is a killer. He killed me.... " He gets interrupted by the bus stopping at the park.

The guy in black gets up at the same time as me. I walk off after him. After I get off, the guy is gone. I shrug. 'He probably ran off.' I see the old sign. When I say old, I mean you can't read what it says. Looking over the sign. I saw my symbol, a star in a moon, still there but there was a new symbol next to it. It was a circle with a x running through it. I was amused that a gang put their symbol next to mine. I grab the little notebook out of my left pocket and take the pencil off my ear. I draw the symbol and put a note next to it to kick out the gang in the area out of my territory. I start to walk down the gravel path.