Chapter 9 - Wendell

I do not own Wendell

I do not own Wendell. He belongs to Ijustwannahavefunn.

Night's pov

"Okay. So the first thing you will learn to do is to create a portal into the mirror realm where soul eaters and mirror demons dwell. First thing you do is stand in front of the mirror, then you clear your head." Slender says, while I stand in front of the mirror in the training room. I make my mind go blank then look at Slender. "Next you put your hand on the mirror and say, 'To the mirror realm I shall go, let me in as I command thee.' That should open it."

I start to say this as he continues, "It probably won't work the first..." He stops as the mirror starts clouding up and my hand slips into the mirror. "Then you walk in. You can get the rest of the education inside. Bye." Slender says as he pushes me into the mirror.

I hit the ground and see I'm on the other side of the mirror that's in the training room. I look around the place I was in to see a lot more mirrors. All of them looking into the human realm. I realize that if someone was to spy on us, they could. I hear Jane and Clockwork talking about me. "Night is so... slutty. Why are we pretending to be her friends again?" Clockwork asks as Jane walks over to the mirror, sitting out and starts applying make-up.

"Because then we can find stuff to blackmail her or scare her to either leave or kill herself." Jane replies. "Then we won't have to deal with her and her stupid abilities. She made Sally cry which is punishable by mental torture." This hurts me weirdly. I couldn't stop myself as I punched the mirror, breaking it.

I hear the girls from another mirror. I feel someone staring at me. I turn around to see a guy that looks sort of like me. "Hey! How did you get in here?"

I look down at my knuckles to find shards of glass and my blood. "I made a portal. I'm Night Shadow by the way. Who are you?" I said as I started picking out the glass.

"Wendell. And there is no way your name is actually Night Shadow. What is your actual name?" He says as he starts to come over to me.

"If I were you, I would stay back," he takes another step toward me and then looks as if he is being grabbed and dragged back. "I told you to stay back. They can hurt you," He looks around as two shadow figures appear.

"I was just trying to help! To make sure you were alright! Call them off!" I nod to the shadows and they let go. He gets up.

Time skip

Wendell and I were walking, talking about things from our pasts to me asking him questions about my abilities. "So you're saying that as a soul eater, I don't have to eat human food nor drink human drinks!" He nods. "Cool, that means I kind of do have to kill to eat," I see something that sort of weirds me out. I walk closer to the mirror and look through it. I gasp. "This is my old home. Back in New York. What is the saying that I have to do to get out?"

He stands beside me, looking out. " It's 'Into the human realm I shall go, let me out I command thee.' Little fact once you enter and leave the mirror realm you don't have to repeat the saying. Meaning all you have to do is touch the mirror and crawl in."

I gawk at him, "Really. Well okay then," I touch the mirror and repeat the incantation. As soon as I finish, I stumble through. I stand up and see that my old house was the same as it was before. Before we moved. I look out of the window closest to me.

"This is a beautiful view. Where are we?" Wendell asks as we look at the city, glowing with the light from all the apartments, streets, and stores.

"Syracuse. Syracuse, New York. 5th biggest city in New York. Wonderful place. I had to move away from here when my mom died in the car crash. I missed this place." I explained. "But last time I checked someone had bought the place. It still looks the same after the crash." I shake my head as I make my way to where my room was.

It was still a dark blue with MCR posters all over the place. That and drawings of what I thought at the time were the monsters that hid in the shadows. I walk over to them. I look close at one of them. It was a tall man in a Polka-dot suit standing over my bed. On his face he had a mask with a smiley face. In his hand he had a bunch of balloons.

Wendell comes up behind me, "Who's that?" I shrug.

"When I was eleven, I would see these.... Beings in my room. I told my mom, and she said to draw them so that they knew that I knew they were there. And so I did. I was a good artist. I like these so I'll take them." I explain. "Could you find me a small box, please? I want to take these with me." I say to him, while taking some of the pictures of the wall.

Another time skip

When we reach the mirror to the training room, I stop and turn to Wendell. "Thank you Wendell. For everything." I said.

He smiled and said, "Night, if you ever are in the mirror realm and you want to talk. Just call for me. I'll come to you." I nod and turn to the mirror and walk through. 

AN: Please tell me what you think of it. I want to know if anything is confusing so I can fix it.