Chapter 6 - Jane & Clockwork

Toby, Masky, and Hoody walked into the mansion first then me, then Slender. There were a lot of spirits heading in the place. I think I'm going to end up using up a lot of energy 'til I get used to them. We walk into the living room, and I see a lot of people. Slender puts his hand on my shoulder. "Everyone, this is my new proxy, Night Shadow. Please welcome her like you would with anyone new." After that he vanishes. I grumble, shake my head and walk into the kitchen to Masky.

" So..." Masky starts. I look over at him. I roll my hand in a motion as if saying go on. "After I left, did you still get in detention as often as you did?" I roll my eyes.

I nod my head. He starts drinking a cup of water. "Yeah. Just for different things. I would come up with a new prank every week. It was either that or for me picking fights with the jocks and winning them."

He snorts and some water goes spewing. "You won in fights against the jocks." I nod. He laughs. "Did you send any of them to the hospital?"

I, once again, nod. "Do you remember Jackson, Arthur, Merlin, and Dee? I put them in the infirmary."

"No. You put them in the infirmary? Wow, Shade, that is impressive."

I shake my head, "Not really. What's impressive is the fact that a guy was able to break into a highly guarded building in town, and escaped, without leaving a trace." I look down trying to remember who was said to be there. " They said it was.... Ah right. Jeff the killer. That's who they thought it was. Me, I had different opinions on who did it. The only clue to who it was a hand drawn picture of the dead guy's body and a signature of ... BP. Obviously not Jeff seeing as none of his initials are close to the letters b and p. His are J, a, w. So it can't be him." I finish with my little spew of info, to see Masky staring at me. "What? Do I have a stain on my clothes?"

He shakes his head. "No. Quite literally, whenever people talk about that event, people just assume it was jeff. I knew that you coming here would be a good choice. If you didn't, we would have had to kill you."

At that moment, Sally and two women come into the room. "Hey Night. Were you the girl I was playing with earlier?" I nod. She tilts her head. "Where were you hiding?"

I giggle. "Well do you remember where Ej and you meet up?" She nods. "I was in the tree right above you." She giggles. That uncle guy walks up behind her. "Hey Sally. Do you have an uncle that's dead?"

"Yeah. Why?" Masky tilts his head, looking at me. The two ladies just look at me like I'm going to die in a few seconds.

"He's following you. He wants to have forgiveness so he can move on. He must not really care where he'll end up, or else he wouldn't be asking." I say. I look in his direction. "And if I am given his name, I can force him to move on."

Sally looks down. "Uncle Johnny is following me. How did I not know this? I'm dead so I should have seen him."

I shake my head. I kneel down to her height and take off my hood. "How do I explain this? Unless the spirit has moved on then they can see other spirits. But if what you say is true then there are... exceptions to that rule. You can't see, feel or hear him but the opposite is true for him. He is connected to you because I assume you killed him.Most don't see the spirits. I have found cases where one spirit doesn't want to move on, kills someone, and then that spirit is forced to follow them around. But I think if I can... collect enough energy, then maybe you will be able to see what I see. You could tell your uncle Johnny to leave which would force him to move on."

Oh I am so going to have to eat and sleep soon. I hold out my hand for Sally to take. She grabs my hand and grasps.Then she lets go of it. "You have to see that every day?" She asks, as she steps away from me, into the other ladies. "You have to deal with seeing that many every day?"

I nod, carefully standing up and putting on my hood covering my face. I stagger as I step back into the shadows. "I see...." I stop as I go into a coughing fit.I start sliding down the wall as my coughing gets worse. Ej comes in and I do the stop sign. When I stop, I pull my arm to see my blood on my arm. "I'm fine this happens when I use too much energy. As I was saying. I see all the dead. Even those who have moved on, well if they come back. And just as a warning," I start coughing a little but stop. "This will be happening more often until I get used to them." I get up slowly, being careful. When I am standing, I stagger over to the island and sit down on a stool. Masky puts a glass of water in front of me. I take a drink. "Also Johnny, you can move on and get your punishment." I turn to the spirit and a crack opens up underneath. Hands come out of the crack reaching up to Johnny. They grab his ankles and pull on them, making him land on the ground. They drag him with him trying to grab onto anything, yet his hand passing through it all. "And I thought I would have to eat him to get him to shut up." I laugh, blood coming into my mouth. Standing up carefully, I walk over to the sink and spit it out.

"Masky, come to my office. Now." We hear Slenderman say.

Masky walks out the room and so does Sally. I take another look at the girls. The first one had long, black hair, black eyes, black lips, and had very, very pale skin. She was wearing a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, nice black boots, and a leather jacket. She steps forward, putting her hand out, saying, "I'm Jane. Jane the killer." 

I grab her hand and shake her hand

I grab her hand and shake her hand. "Hey Jane, I'm Night. Night Shadow." I redrew my hand.

I look over at the other girl while Jane steps back. She has brown hair, a clock for one of her eyes, her other eye being green, and a smile stitched into her face. She was wearing a green coat, a pair of jeans and a pair of combat boots. "I'm Clockwork. It's nice to meet you, Night."

I walk carefully back over to the stools

I walk carefully back over to the stools. "It's nice to meet you both. In the right condition, too."

Jane looks over to Clockwork, then looks back at me. "So, what did you show Sally?"

I roll my eyes but it's not like they could see it. "I showed her what I see everyday. All the spirits. I, of course, didn't tell her the other down sides of my..... Gift. Like the fact that the spirits can very much hurt me. If they wanted to. I'm pretty sure she could feel the energy that I was using to show her. Another bad thing is my coughing fit. I use too much energy, I could kill myself. The last time I used that amount of energy was three years ago, and I was pretty much trying to make someone happy, by sending a message to a loved one." I remember the consequence of doing that for Toby. I was coughing blood up for hours.

Clockwork walks over and grabs a bottle of something I couldn't recognize. She pops it open and starts to pour some in my cup and two other cups, I then catch a whiff. Vodka. She hands one glass to Jane and holds up her glass. Jane and I follow her lead. "For good health, a friendship with you, and to very successful kills." We repeated it and drank it.

"Come on. You need to get a room. To Slender's office." Jane says. Yeah. I let them drag me to his office.