Chapter 8 - The bet

Jeff's pov.

"What?! You have to room with the crazy bitch. Slenderman is forcing you to do that. He must be mad" BEN says, not even looking away from his game.

I shrug. "Eh. She's not that bad. She likes knives. She actually became a demon a couple hours ago. Plus she actually was telling the truth when she said she has to kill to eat. She eats souls."

BEN pauses his game and looks at me. "You two talked without killing each other. Wow, that's a first. Someone not hating you after you attack them. Jeff, I think you should add her to the group." He looks in her direction. "She looks very mysterious. I can't see a piece of skin with that cloak and mask. You know anything?"

I nod. "I have to assume this but her is the same color as charcoal. And she has short hair but that is all I was able to see. Well except her nails are razor sharp and gold and silver. Dang, I still hurt from her nails." I rub my torso where her nails scratched me.

BEN laughs at me. "This is the first time Jeff's been beaten up here." He continuously continues laughing.

EJ comes up to me. "You're still hurting." I nod. He takes a bottle out of his coat. "Here. Take one every six hours, k?" I nod and go to the kitchen.

As I was walking by Night, Jane, and Clockwork, I hear Jane and Clockwork say, "You don't mind rooming with that asshole. Please. One of you is gonna be dead by the end of the week." I go into the kitchen and take one of the pills with a cup of water..

When I came back into the living room, I saw Night in the middle of the room. She puts her hands up to her mouth and shouts, "Hey people. I want to make a bet with y'all." People look at her as she says the magic word. Bet. "So how many of you think that since Jeff and I are rooming together, one of us is going to die by the end of the week?" She asks. Most people raised their hands. "Good! Make your bets on how long it will take for me to move out of his room." People whisper with each other, making bets. "Here's my bet. For $300, I think I'll last for a month. That's when This bet will end. You people also better have the money by then."

People start telling her what their bets are. I decided to participate in this bet. "Two weeks for $500." People stare at me. "What!"

Night looks at me. "K. You remember that. I may have you wanting to leave."

I shrug. "I'll take the risk."