Chapter 4 - Meeting Slenderman, discovering abilities, and becoming a proxy

Static starts up

Static starts up. Ej started covering his ears when it started while I just stood there unaffected. I look at Ej, then look back in front of me to see a very tall, very pale, faceless m... being. That seems like the correct term. " I take it, you are the great Slenderman." I state. Children run up to me. I think my ability has gotten stronger because they can touch me. They gave me hugs and I tense up. "Um, children. I think you should let go of me. Please let me go."

While they let go, Ej asks, " Um, do you have schizophrenia?"

I shake my head. Slenderman asks, "You were a psychic before you transformed, weren't you?"

I nod. " Yeah, um Ej. There is a guy.....Who are you again?" I address the question to the spirit.

"You should know me, Nyx. Or did you not love me enough?" I then hit me. Shit.

" Ej. You killed my boyfriend?!?! Will, I am sorry I forgot you." I had emotions overflowing my mind. Anger, sadness, and frustration. I wanted to hurt Ej for killing my boyfriend.

A black tentacle wraps around my waist, " You will not hurt my proxy." Slenderman says.

I groan. "Why did you kill my boyfriend?" I struggle to get out of his grasp.

Ej says, "You should ask your boyfriend who he was kissing on the night he died. Then said that neither of them could tell his girlfriend of what they were doing."

I look at Will. "Well... Who the fuck was it?" The air starts getting colder, the tentacle that was holding me, immediately retreating away from me. I felt something in my hands but I didn't look to see what.

Will tenses up, looking at me, scared. " It was no one." I take a step closer. " Okay. It was Nico. Nico de Angelo."

Whatever was in my hands disappears, and I push him against the tree, " You mean to say, you cheated on me with the top emo playboy of school." A knife appears in my hand and I stab him. And something strange happened to his soul, I ate it. I drop the knife. It disappeared halfway to the ground. I look at Slenderman.

"Hmm. A soul eater and a shadow combined. That is a new one," he says.

I lick my lips, "I'm still a little hungry. But my hunger can wait."

He nods, " Come with us and become one of my proxy. You will be able to have more food, a home, and a new family. Plus training for your powers. You'll be able to kill who you want but also as a proxy you have to listen to me and do my bidding. Just so you know."

I nod, "If I agree, what are the rules I'd have to follow?" After the whole list was recited, some of the rules I found reasonable (3. Don't cuss in front of Sally.) while others I didn't find any reason for (1. Don't hurt/kill the other proxies/other housemates.) "Any way to bypass the first rule?" I ask, wanting to store this information in my memory so I can hurt someone when they piss me off.

"Yeah it's called a proxy war. It's a one on one fight. Winner is able to leave the designated area, the loser is the winner's slave for a week, and has to heal in the circle. Only ways for the fight to be cancelled is by forfeit or by Slenderman stopping the fight which rarely actually happens unless it's with Jeff. Then every fight it does." Ej explains.I nod, understanding.

"Then I agree," I say, holding out my hand to shake Slender's. Once I take hold of Slenderman's hand, a pain goes through my arm. I don't cry out, but it fucking burned. Once he let go of my hand I saw most of the veins in my hand had turned white to form a circle with a x running through it. The symbol from earlier.

"Come child. Time to go meet your new family." Slenderman says. I follow him, not afraid for once.