Chapter 8: Alpha and the Bear

*Melody's POV*

*Smutty of course*

Eric's large wolf stepped from behind the tree. He didn't strike me as someone who was ashamed of his body so I imagine it was more for me. I admired the sway of his wolf's fur starting against the skin as black and turning to a deep smoke grey except for a small patch of red that ran down his front right leg. Eric pushed against my chest gently suddenly making me realize I was just staring at him. I let out a deep rumble in disapproval and quickly began walking away. Eric jumped in front of me and growled and then trotted ahead, I did not approve of that behavior and gave his leg a nip for growling at me. He yelped and turned, giving another growl at me. I smirked to myself as I squished him with my large paw and held him down giving the best bear laugh I could which kinda sounded like a large seal bark. Eric stopped struggling and looked up at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes. I let him go in shock from such an evil look from him but he didn't move just breathed heavily. Slowly I leaned down and sniffed him unsure on what to do with him now. Eric jumped and licked me then took off giving a laugh similar to a hyena. I roared at him and followed but even on a good day a wolf was faster than a bear. As I was thinking of changing animals I ran out into a creek and found a very naked Alpha lounged against the water's edge half in the water. I walked over to him and fluffed his hair with my snout and shifted as well.

"Is that wise to be caught naked with an Alpha?" Eric had a warning tone but his eyes were all play

I stepped to the middle of the creek and knelt down to run handfuls of water over my slightly overheated body.

I was unsure if it was because it was a warm night or being near him though. I turned to face him and he hadn't moved but his eyes raked over my body and I could feel them as they admired all my slightly plump curves. Being a bear I was always larger built suddenly feeling slightly self conscious for the first time ever as I admired his perfectly cut body. There wasn't a flaw on him except for the couple of scars but I had those too. I finally stopped staring at his obvious erection and looked into his eyes as I licked my suddenly very dry lips. Eric snarled as he tore his eyes from mine and took a breath before looking at me again with just a gentle smile. I smiled back unable to help the happiness that danced through my body.

"I am no Luna..." I spoke quietly as I approached and sat close by on a patch of soft grass

"Have you ever tried?" Eric stood to sit closer to me; within touching distance

I rolled my eyes; "obviously not, dumbass. I am a solitary creature. Preferably."

Eric frowned and thought for a few moments; "Harper will make a great Luna."

"Yes, she would." I was unsure where this was going but I was slightly offended

"Jacob is ready. Jacobi too if he'd win... I would turn in my title for you." Eric watched my expression

I couldn't help the shock; "you are an Alpha!"

"My time would come eventually... But my mate. She is here, with me," Eric touched my ankle and trailed his fingers up; "telling me she has no interest in being Luna. Tell me, Melody... Did you think I would let you go so easily after giving up ever meeting you?" Eric's fingers were on my thigh now and his eyes were staring at his fingers or maybe it was my privates I couldn't really tell but I crossed my legs just in case.

Eric grumbled but scooted closer to wrap his fingers around my waist. My mind was working through this as I didn't know what to do as my only excuse for leaving was now not even a concern for him. I didn't want to be part of a pack though but... Harper is here. I've missed her. Bun is happy here, away from that mountain, she never belonged up there, and Eric... I looked back at him to find him twisting my short hair around his finger.