─ 03 :: ❝TWINS❞

— WE'RE TWINS, THE SAME PEOPLE
LIVING IN DIFFERENT BODIES.

— WE'RE TWINS, THE SAME PEOPLELIVING IN DIFFERENT BODIES

— 30 MINUTES LATER.
"a-am i gonna be arrested?" (y/n) is now following the three men, all much taller than her. she walks worriedly, with the hand of the older police against her back. now that she could see his face clearly, he wasn't so terrifying. "i-i didn't know.. i-i'm sorry.."

tears threatened to fall, but she sucked it up like a champ.

"well.." the man hesitated, "i suppose you'll have to follow us to the police station." he notices her gawking expression, "but don't worry. i'll be the one interrogating you. if it makes you feel better," he gives her a gentle smile, "my name is iwan. nice to meet you."

she feels a little at ease and looks at the direction of the other two officers. however, they stayed silent and looked ahead, not noticing her desperate look.

"don't bother with them. the twins don't speak much."

(y/n)'s mouth formed an 'o', and she nods with understanding, as a police car comes into view. "am i supposed to get in there like i'm a criminal?" she gulps, noticing that people are starting to hog around the windows of the cafe. it was delirious. the attention was all on her.

"i-i don't think i want to go there." she chokes on a sob.

iwan felt a little sympathy for the girl and nudges his accomplice, "why not get a mask to cover her? i'm sorry that's the least we can do for your condition right now, (y/n)." he sounded really apologetic, and (y/n) softened slightly at his voice. "your identity will be a secret, though."

"okay," she begrudgingly nodded once more.

"i'll start the car, you stay with those two." iwan patted both his friends on the back, who now turned their attention on her. both of their eyes landed on her tense posture. (y/n) squeezes her eyes shut, not wanting to face more strangers than she already did in the day.

silence tingled in the air.

one of them spoke up, "i think you'll need the mask." something caressed her hair, and her eyes snapped open to meet with a pair of surprise, orange ones. the expression in his face changed though, and he grinned at her, "relax. we won't bite."

she still felt cautious about the sudden action, "i still can't trust you."

"oh, brother." the orange-eyed guy says, his lip ring glimmering underneath the sun as he drags his tongue across it. "my twin here doesn't speak much, so i'll have to do all the stupid talking for him. anyway," (y/n)'s ears perked with interest, "my name's leo."

"nice name," she smiles at him, "and what's your brother's name?"

"i'm bay." a pair of blue, ocean eyes meet her. they were so different, yet so alike, and it intrigued the inner child spirit. he hesitantly touches her shoulder, "breathe." he says.

(y/n) releases a breath she didn't know she was holding. what was with her life and meeting gorgeous guys? first the maniac cyrus.. then now the hottie twins bay and leo. she pinches herself and inhales, "you two got cool names. guess your mom likes jewels huh?" she tries to joke with them.

the look in both their eyes changed, and the atmosphere became awkward. she mentally cursed at herself for asking such a sensitive question in relation to one's family, and she utters a small, 'sorry', head hanging down with shame.

without notice, a warm hand tucked her hair behind her ear, and (y/n) once again froze in her spot. a mask covers her nose and lips, two arms that trapped her head between them. she could feel the warm breath fanning against her neck, but nothing came next.

leo clears his scratchy throat, looking away from her with a red face. "it's fine. everyone asks that question. and yes, she's good with names, i guess."

(y/n) chose to divert her attention somewhere else, the only response being her head bobbing. they didn't say anything else as iwan approaches them, with a sour expression and his fists clenched, "someone popped the tire off. i've called backup, but they said that they're holding us off for half an hour." he turns to (y/n), "sorry, you'll have to wait."

"oh, so there's no chance for me to go?" she frowns.

"i'm afraid no. unless we walk there. are you all up for it?"

the twin brothers shrug, but all three of the cops turned to the girl, who was busy staring at a pigeon pecking the pavement for food. "oh, i, uh-" she snaps out of her daze, "i probably should, yeah. is it possible for me to inform my aunt that i'll be coming home late?"

"do you have your cellphone with you?" to which she shook her head. she forgot all about it, and was sure that she had dropped it in the alleyway. "can i borrow one?"

"here." bay plopped a black cellphone in her hand and ushered her to a spot where she couldn't be seen. "take your time." his deep voice said curtly and she was left alone.

could the day get any weirder? hopefully not.

she dials the number quick, waiting for the end of the line to pick up. she bit her fingernail, a bad habit that has yet to cease when she's agitated. "please answer me.."

hello? the response came.

aunt rose! oh my goodness, you finally answered!

(y/n) let out a sigh of relief for the umpteenth time that day, "i'm going to head out to a friend's place," she catches the eye of iwan, who sent her a questioning look. she turns her back on him as the stare became uncomfortable, "-so i'll be coming home late. i'm so sorry i didn't tell you sooner! i promise i'll do some extra chores next time!"

the call ended with her aunt lecturing her about being careful. 

something hard hit the floor. (y/n) turns around.

"wait! what the hell is happening?!", her mouth talked on its own, and her legs ran to the direction of iwan, who laid on the pavement, beaten up and unconscious. the gun by his belt was stolen too. she looks around, hoping to find either bay or leo.

but they were gone without a single trace, like they've never been there.

expect more updates from this book lmaaoooo im running and writing and chugging chapters like its the end of the world sniff :') thanks to everyone who took their time to read every chapter!!

also she met the twins now 👀 but she hasn't realized yet lolol- what do you think happens next?