─ 11 :: ❝AGAIN❞

"what'd you do with him?"

the look on ice's face said everything, and cyclone was quick to understand. he moves to the side, letting his older brother go. it seems as if he was off to somewhere, judging by the black leather jacket only used to special occasions.

"so where are you going now? i'll have thorn clean the corpse up." cyclone skips, following his partner's fast footsteps, "you seem busy."

"to kill someone." ice answers shortly, stuffing his gun. "that idiot really thought that it was over."

the conversation was done and cyclone could only manage a stiff nod. he knew better than to meddle with an assassin's business- so he left it at that. he trusted his brother. he always knew what he was doing.

but right before the bright boy could leave, a gun flips into the air, and the confused boy catches it perfectly. "you're coming with me."

"me?" cyclone's gaze shifts uncomfortably.

"who else?" ice huffs, crossing his arms. "i got permission. we're off the hook for today." he turns around, grabbing the keys from a nearby table, "didn't you say you wanted ice cream?"

───── ❝ SOLIPSISM❞ ─────

they arrived in front of a bakery, where customers were swarming in and out of. cyclone clicks his seat belt off, stretching as he opens the door. "my back hurts so bad," he whines, "i didn't know that you had a favorite bread shop!"

"shut up and walk." ice coughs, covering half of his face with a mask. for some reason, he had forced cyclone into wearing brown contact lenses, concealing their true eye color.

and what's that for? the younger boy asks himself, staring at the older brother's back as they both enter the shop. the air smells of pastries and all things nice, but he couldn't focus. what are you hiding, ice?

the duo made their way to the counter, and cyclone finds himself entranced by the amount of goods. he had a secret he hid from strangers— he had a big sweet tooth, and he loves his guilty pleasures.

but why, out of all places, did ice decide to come here? he didn't like sweets, never liked them.

everything is out of place. cyclone had no clue why. maybe it was related to the guy that he just shot off at home. and who was he going to kill?

"hello, may i help you?" a young lady approaches him, not much shorter than his height, "welcome to rose's bakery. might i interest you with our special good today?"

being the nice person he was, the boy nods, deciding to betray the thoughts running in his head. "sure! i'm actually looking for some lolipops."

"great news then!" the lady exclaims, smiling brightly. she had two protuding dimples, "our lollipops are freshly made each day. come here!"

cyclone looks around, nodding hesitantly. he had somehow lost sight of his brother, but regardless, the temptation was too much of a bother. he follows the person (who he assumed is a staff member) onto the other side of the shop.

"i didn't know a shop this big existed." he says, looking down at the glass case. inside was all his favorite treats, and he took a deep inhale.

"well, we just opened about two years ago. this bakery used to be my sister's." something in her eyes glimmered down, and cyclone frowns at the sight of her sad expression. "she was the one who started the business. she taught me how to bake."

the woman shakes her head, and manages a wide smile, replacing any traces of nostalgic remembrance that was there. "that's not important, sorry for taking your time!" she quips, bending over to take a treat from the glass case, "might i offer you one of our bestselling cookies?"

"oh!" cyclone's eyes sparkles, "yes pl-"

but before he could finish his sentence, he senses a dark aura behind him that felt all too familiar. cyclone's jaw set, almost irritably yet he didn't say a word. 

"there you are." ice says, "i was looking for you." he takes notice of the girl in front of him. "sorry for my brother's actions, young lady. we're here to find the shop owner. by any chance, is she here?"

the girl had a faint blush on her cheeks, "i think i'm older than you. but yes, you're talking to the owner herself." she replies almost too enthusiastically as she sticks her hand out for ice to shake. "i'm rose. nice to meet you two. what do you want to talk about?"

the hair on cyclone's neck and arms rose, and he felt something drastic change in the air. the name sounded way too familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint where he heard it. but whoever the girl was, it triggered ice's deathly aura.

even being by his brother's side, the bright boy unconsciously fidgeted. he was too serious, and his personality had changed a full 180 degrees right after the girl introduced herself. 

feeling sorry for her, cyclone decided to lower the intense pressure a little. "nice to meet you too! my name's.." he racks his head for a random name, "blue. this is my brother, bay!" he takes the woman's hand in his and firmly shakes it with a smile.

rose nods politely, "those are quite some names."

of course he had to introduce ice with his code name. ice internally groans at the stupidity, but remains silence nonetheless. fighting about it isn't worth his time. he lowers his voice, "do you think that we can discuss about this in private? it's about business."

"i see." she ponders, her eyes drifting over to somewhere else. "sure. i have a special room for client meetings." rose calls over one of her employees as she unties her apron to take over her shift for a while.

the woman leads the two boys into a separate room from the crowd, sliding the door close behind them. she beckons for the them to take a seat opposite of her, at the far end of the table. 

ice started carefully, "so we were thinkin-"

"i know what you're both here for." rose crosses her arms, now in business mode. this was unlike the bakery girl- this was a completely different person. cyclone shudders at the sudden change. "cut to the point."

"tell me who you work for." ice brings the gun out, "or i'll shoot you."

the woman snorts, leaning backwards in her seat. she raises her leg, crossing them over onto the table as she suddenly extracts the same weapon from her thigh belt. rose aims it at ice, who glares at the sudden upbringing. "you really think that we're that stupid?"

it was at this moment that cyclone knew why his brother brought him along in the first place. he wasn't here for ice cream at all.

he was here to be used, again.