🖤☁️ KiriBaku - Quarantine

Finally the first non smut chapter for this one-shot book! This chapter is also serving as a vent post for me, so there's some
OOC type stuff as it's more of a reflection of my own emotions during this time in the global pandemic.

I'm dedicating this chapter to my partner, who I know will be reading this. I miss them a lot and it's painful being apart for so long without a clear idea of when we will be able to see one another again. To my  Bakugo, I love you. 💖

Anyways here's the chapter, Bakugo may be a bit softer than you're used to, things tend to get that way during stressful times like these.

Enjoy!

"I miss you so fucking much," the words were grumbled, and Kirishima almost didn't catch it over the sounds of his music.

"What did you say?" He clicked off his radio and set down his weights. He knew perfectly well what the blonde had muttered, but he wanted to hear it again.

"I said I fuckin' miss you, you dumbass!" He could see that his boyfriend had his arms crossed in the little image on his phone and was pointedly looking away, a light flush just barely tinting his cheeks.

"Well, at least we can FaceTime," He smiled at the camera, "I miss you too."

"Whatever," he grumbled, toying with the hem of his sleeves for a moment before heaving a sigh and flopping to his stomach. "I just wish I could come see you, you live so fucking close to me too. This whole situation is shit."

"Mhm," Kirishima nodded, picking up his phone and padding towards the tiny sink in the corner of his room. He could hear muffled yelling coming through his thin door. His family was not thrilled to be stuck with one another and the transition back to living with one another was dredging up painful middle school memories and emotions he had thought he would never feel again. Kirishima set Bakugo up on the back ledge of his sink, his phone leaning precariously against his streaked mirror.

"I'm so fucking tired of being home. My parents won't get off my back when I'm trying to work, the old hag is always trying to get me to teach her my secret brownie recipe, but fuck if I'd ever share that one." Bakugo's voice became hazy in the red head's mind as he focused only on the thin cold stream of water running over his hands and the screaming in the distance. He could feel his anxiety bubbling to the surface, despair and desperation coming to the forefront of the ensnarement of his own terrible thoughts. A swirling pool of emotions that gripped him and dragged him down further and further.

You're useless. Nobody here loves you, they're all so unhappy that you've come home. They're constantly insulting you because you're a dishonor to the whole family. Mom thinks your dating preferences and hair style is a horrible life choice that will only drag you down in society. She just wants you to be just like your brother. The slick, black haired lawyer who has a wife and kids. She wants you to become something you can't.  

The yelling from downstairs continued, and Bakugo was now rambling about some sort of cooking show he had watched, lazily flipping through his comic book as he spoke. Kirishima looked back down at his hands, now red and sore from the continuous stream of ice cold water. But for some reason he couldn't move them, tears welling up and blurring his vision. 

I can't control who I like, though I used to hide it as best I could. It always just comes bursting forwards. I can't stop myself from saying what's on my mind. I just can't.