~7~

SAM

The prank war has been going on for about two weeks now and is beginning to settle down, at least I think so. No one has been pranked in two days and everyone in the house is pretty chill at the moment. After Colby's faking his death by falling down the stairs prank, which had me traumatised and gave me nightmares for ages. The house pranks have settled down. Colby and I have been, not so subtly, flirting back and forth for a few months and sharing our feelings for eachother that's why the fake dying prank hit me so hard. Sure we had done it with Sam Pepper, but that was a while ago, and Colby had apologised and made up for the trauma I experienced afterward. The last prank hit me too and introduced new irrational fears in my head, it didn't help that almost two hours after he posted the video, fans made edits about him actually dying that made me realise how lucky we were to have each other. I never did pranks anywhere near as extreme as Colby's, mine were mostly funny ones like sticky-noting Colby's room and putting him in the pool. Never as extreme as injuries as I didnt want him to hurt like he hurt me with the killing best friend prank.

It's a Friday night which is usually games night for us so we have some of our friends over to join in the fun. Katrina was regular at our House especially at games night because she is still good friends with Devyn. I decided to ditch this games night because I haven't been to the gym in quite a while, and all the pizza nights were starting to show. I grabbed what I needed: my water bottle, phone, towel and my keys and headed to the gym.

COLBY

I watched as Sam collected his things and headed to the gym. This was the perfect opportunity for me to get Sam with a prank. I know I've hurt Sam with some pranks in the past but this one is more to make him Jealous. I want to try the cheating prank on Sam but since we aren't together it wasn't going to work out. However, I know we have strong feelings for eachother so I decided to play with them, a little bit of innocent fun.

"Hey Kat, you up to do a prank on Sam with me when he gets back from the gym?" I asked, knowing he would believe I had 'feelings' for Kat. They briefly dated for a few months but called it quits when he came out with me, they still remain friends though and Kat and Devyn are really close so she is always over, I always spoke to her as a close friend, there was no hatred or anything towards Kat from myself, even after they broke up.

"Sure, what did you have in mind?" she questioned, getting up from the couch.

"Lets pull a 'cheating' prank, so Sam comes home and finds us together in my room, under the covers" I said, my fingers crossed behind my back hoping she would say yes and it wouldn't be awkward.

"Haha do you think he will believe it?" She questioned, looking at me in disbelief.

"Pftt sure, your always here and we act like siblings so it will be believable" I replied.

"Ahahaha sure I'm down, Devyn's said that the pranks have been settling down, we can't have that! Let's get it started back up again" she said clapping along with the last few words.

"Ok cool, Sam spends probably an hour at the gym and it's already 8 so around 9:30 he should be home" I said checking my watch. " so we can message him around 9:20 to see how far away he is but till then let's enjoy games night" I said as she nodded along enthusiastically.

Games night was fun, I won a few rounds of Uno, Jake flipped the board in a few games so they didn't last long and Aaron was good at trivia, Devyn and Corey teamed up for charades and won that too. Before I knew it, it was already 9:15 I shot Sam a text asking how long he'd be and if he could pick up some Oreos for the movie night they have planned in a few days. After I got a reply I gave Kat a nod telling her that it was time to get ready for the prank.