Ch-8 A frickin ray of sunshine

" If I die please *huff* tell harry *huff* he *huff* was nice but *huff* I always loved *huff* Draco and I'm sorry *huff* Oh mighty lord *huff* I am coming

" If I die please *huff* tell harry *huff* he *huff* was nice but *huff* I always loved *huff* Draco and I'm sorry *huff* Oh mighty lord *huff* I am coming . My purpose one earth has ended ."
"Shut up we having been walking for like only 20 minutes now . Don't be dramatic" Kol said rolling his eyes .
" Go to hell"
" Then who will irritate you , huh ?" He smirked
" How much further ?" I asked I asked , out of breath .
" Just a little further" He said .
I was a huffing  panting mess and Kol Mikaleson was a frickin ray of sunshine . When he said he wanted to show me something . I didn't think we would have to climb a mountain and high enough to take the title as Everest's little lesser know step - brother .

When we got to the near-top   Kol stopped abruptly . There I saw a big rock . Like the rock in the lion king from where Mufasa roars . Sad he died . I cried a lot
" What you gonna push me off the edge ?" I asked
" I would but Marcel would kill me ." He said
"Pffft whatever"
I stepped on the rock and the view I saw what Kol wanted to show me .

New Orleans from the bird eye's view . It was. One word. BREATHTAKING . Both metaphorically and literally .
The beautiful city spread below me and the world suddenly started looking so wide that I wanted to jump . The French Quatre looked beautiful . As it started getting dark . The city came alive . New Orleans was like one big jazz party that never stopped . The jazz music blended seamlessly into the melodies of the wind . The air was much fresher and my lungs felt lighter .

" Like it ?" Kol asked
"Yes it's-"
"Breathtaking , I know . It's the best view you can get of New Orleans" He said proudly .
I took my phone out and did what any legit teenager would do , click like a bajillion pictures .
" I come here when I have to clear my head" Kol said
" So this is you're secret spot ?" I asked
"Yeah kind of"
"Cool"
" You know, You are the only person who knows about this spot , the only person I brought here"
" Woah seriously ? Not even Bekah ?"
"Not even her"
We sat and watched the sunset silently . Sunsets were my one of my favourite moments of the day . The phenomenon the sun sinking deeper and deeper behind  the silhouette of the sky scrapers , making a magnificent prospect of warm colours changing from orange , red and yellow to beautiful shades of blue and purple . 
After a while we decided to leave , the trip downhill was comparatively easy .
After about 20 minutes , we were back to the streets of New Orleans .
Then my stomach growled loudly .
"Hungry ?" Kol asked amused .
" Nope that's the thunder" I sassed . He looked up to see the clear sky above us and said , " I don't think so. But fortunately I know a very good restaurant . But it's a little far ."
" Yeah ok but for now let's just go to Rousseau's because I don't wanna walk anymore" I said tiredly .
" Ok then , Problem ?" Kol abruptly stopped and in one quick motion hoisted me on his shoulder, " Solved" 
"Kol !"
" You're the one who said  you didn't wanna walk"
"Put.Me.Down" I kicked and punched Kol but nothing worked . Almost everyone was staring but Kol didn't give a damn .
"Nope"
"People are staring at us"
"So what ?"
I just sighed and he carried me all the way to Rousseau's .
Thankfully no one was staring at us at Rousseau's . There I ordered my favourites and Kol orders his .
"So did you have fun today ?" Kol asked
"Yes absolutely" I said with my mouth full of pasta .
"So where do you wanna go next ?" Kol asked
" I don't know you tell me" I replied .
"Um we can go to this jazz bar" he suggested .
" I'm not exactly wearing jazz club appropriate dress" I said referring to my denim shorts and floral off-shoulder top .
" Okay then we can have some dessert at Cafe Du Monde" He said and I gave him a questioning look .
" You're kidding right ? Don't tell me you have been to New Orleans so many times but still haven't had the Beignets of Café du Monde" He said in disbelief and I shook my head in a 'no' .
"You seriously have to come with me" He said . I finished my pasta and we went to this café du monde .

Outside the café there was a big queue lining up . But thanks to Kol's compulsion skills we got in pretty easy . At the counter Kol addressed a middle aged woman with greying hair and olive skin .
"Marie- Therese" Kol greeted .
"Vampire" She spat spitefully .
" Yes I'm well . Thanks for asking" He chimed . Then she turned to me and said a little less spitefully, " You're Amber , right ?"
" That'll be me" I replied cheerfully, " But wait now do you know that ?"
" Everyone knows you here and anyway Vince told me" she said sweetly
"Oh"
"So sugar what do you want ?" She asked
" 2 Beignets"
"Of course" Then she left the counter and after a while she was back with a paper bag . We paid for it and left the shop . And let's not forget all the evil eyes I was getting from people just because we didn't follow the queue .
We took the beignets to a bench , where we sat down to eat .

(^^^ The famous bench of New Orleans )

I brought the round piece of sugar sprinkled deep fried dough to my mouth . You know that feeling you get of hesitation before trying something new ? Unsure how it would taste , I took a bite.
"Mmmmm-hmmm" I moaned in delight .
" Like it ?" Kol asked amused
"Mmm yeah totally"
"Princess you really need to stop making those sounds or I'll give you a real reason to moan" Kol said biting his lip and I choked on my beignet . Then I started coughing loudly and Kol burst out laughing .
" Kol not in front of my beignet !" But that made him laugh even more . Then I took out my phone and checked the time . 9:15 Oh shit . But wait ? It was like sunset legit two minutes ago . Time really flys by . And the second thing I saw . 11 missed calls from Marcel , 18 from Cami and 7 from Rebekah . Now that's a avengers level threat .
"Kol !" I yelled and his laughter immediately stopped and he looked alarmed .
" What happened ?" He asked .
" It's 9:15 and we need to get home like right now ."
" oh crap"
" I know"
I finished my beignet and we got up and dashed home .

In the courtyard , There was a very wangry (worried +angry) Marcel , a very worried Cami and an equally anxious Rebekah . Oops

" Hey guys" I waved awkwardly . Everyone looked up and Rebekah and Cami looked relieved . But Marcel's face went from worry to anger to relief to anger and he squinted at us . Then I realised that Kol and I were holding hands. Why ? Because it helps in running. Kol basically dragged me home . I ,then, immediately withdrew my hand from his and stepped away one step from Kol .
" Do you know how many times I tried to call you ?" Marcel asked angrily
"Sorry Marcel" I muttered lowly . Trust me when I say Marcel can't stay angry at me .
" Go to your room and Kol you and I are going to have a little chat" Marcel said to Kol . Oh dear .

Then I gave Kol a sympathetic look and retired to my room , I went straight to sleep . Before sleeping all I heard were few crashes

⚜️⚜️⚜️

A.N- Hey guys ! How are you ? So this was the 8th chapter . Nice .
So I was thinking I'll explain Amber's family tree
Papa: Marcel
Momma: Cami
Sister: Rebekah and Amelia
Brother: Hayden jones
Daddy: Kol (😂😏😏)
And there's this picture I wanted to share .

 Gold absolute gold 😂😂 look at Klaus