Chapter Two: Flirting and jealousy

Hermione's POV:

I went back to my compartment and started talking with Seamus. I noticed Lavender and Ron, who were all smiles, deep in conversation. I smiled to myself glad to see that he was trying to move on and that our decision to remain friends had been for the best. I turned to Seamus.

"I'm sorry did you say something?" I said looking apologetic. He chuckled.

"Yeah I was asking you if you would like too go to Hogsmeade with me on our first visit." He looked hopeful and I felt bad. I didn't end things with Ron solely for the sake of our friendship, although that was the main reason, but I had decided dating wasn't my top priority. However, with everyone now staring at is I had no choice but to answer him and if I said no I'd look like a jerk.

"Yeah sure that sounds fun" I said. in return he gave me a a huge grin that made me smile too. He then went over and started chatting with Dean eagerly. Ginny approached me.

"So you and Seamus huh?" She said with a playful smirk. I laughed and we started talking.

Finally we arrived and hopped off the train. I searched for Malfoy since we were supposed to guide the first years. He was already taking some of them to the boats and helping them on. I did a double take and walked over to him.

"Thanks for helping out, I'm glad you're taking this seriously" I said giving him a smile. He looked at me nodding once and walked away. Awkward.

I walked to the carriages and hopped on with the rest of my friends. Seamus sat next to me. We were about to leave when somebody quickly ran to us.

"Got any space for 4 more, it's the last carriage and we really don't fancy walking?" I looked up and saw Pansy with Theodore, Blaise and Malfoy trailing behind her.

Nobody answered and before I could agree Harry beat me to it nodding his head. They hopped on and we were all squished together. I grunted as Nott sat next to me.

"So Hermione, I can you call you Hermione right? I was thinking since you're tutoring me it'd be good to get to know each other. What do you think? I think the first hogsmeade trip is next weekend." He looked at me expectantly  and I avoided eye contact.

Ginny, Padma, Parvati and surprisingly Pansy were trying to hold back their laughter. On the other hand Harry looked conflicted, Ron seemed confused and Seamus looked pissed sitting up straighter. Even Malfoy looked annoyed.

I turned to him and gave him an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry but I already have plans for that day." Seamus grinned smugly and relaxed in his seat.

Theo's face fell and Blaise snorted.
"With who?" He said giving Ron a questioning look.

"With me." Said Seamus pulling me closer if that was even possible. They glared at each other until we got to the gates. I quickly hopped off and walked next to Harry.

"Bloody hell that was terribly awkward not too mention uncomfortable." I said shaking my head. Harry chuckled.

"What did you expect you are a war hero now Hermione not to mention smart and beautiful. I'll have my hands full scaring boys off this year." He said putting his arm around my shoulders and playfully pinching my cheek.I rolled my eyes at him and laughed.

"Why would you do that? I am capable of taking care of myself thank you very much."

"Well what kind of big brother would I be if I just let any guy get close to you."

I scoffed, "Well technically speaking I'm older so..." I said looking smug.

"Yeah but I'm more mature." He said giving me a cheeky grin.

"No your not I'm more mature." I said poking his ribs.

"Well I'm the chosen one so I get the final word and I decided I'm more maturer." I laughed at him.

"That's not even a word." I said as we both laughed walking into the great hall.

"It is now." I smiled already feeling that this was going to be a great year.

********************************

Hey guys here's the new edited chapter for those of you getting the notification. I have decided to go through and edit all of it up to where I am now and maybe continuing it, but I'm honestly not sure.