Chapter Four: You gotta love them though

Ginny's POV:

The next morning Harry, Ron, and me all walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast where Hermione was already sitting eating breakfast. I sat next to her, Harry and Ron sat across from us.

"Good morning Mione." I said and grabbed some toast and jam. She looked up from her plate and gave us a grin. Suddenly I felt like we were being watched. I turned in my seat and came face to face with Cormac Mclaggen, I freaked out and jumped back landing on Hermione's lap who gave a surprised squeal.

"Sorry if I scared you Weasley but I came here to talk to Hermione." He said ruffling his hair and leaning casually on the table, arrogant git, I thought.

"What do you want Mclaggen?" Ron said narrowing his eyes as Hermione pushed me off her with a grunt, which if you ask me was unfair since I've started a diet mind you.

"Nothing with you Weasley that's for sure. Now Hermione a word." He stood up expecting her to follow, but she remained seated with an annoyed look on her face.

"Could you just spit it out I really don't have time for this rubbish so if you could please hurry." She said crossing her arms. Cormac looked shocked and gave a huff of indignation.

"Fine if that's how you want it here it goes, I just came here to ask you if you would like to go to the party with me?" He said looking at her with hopeful eyes. Everybody was staring at them. Hermione's hands dropped in shock and her look of annoyance was gone.

"I-I I um I uh..." She said looking panicked and looked at me with urgency, but before I could interject Ron stood up.

"Actually Mclaggen she's going with me. Sorry mate maybe next time you'll have more luck." He then sat back down and gave Hermione a nod and a whispered you're welcome.

Cormac looked embarrassed as he walked out and I started laughing hysterically. Harry and Hermione were both staring at Ron confused.

"What? Can't a men eat his chicken in peace, I'm not even chewing with my mouth open this time" He said rolling his eyes and went back to eating.

"You do know we aren't going together to that party right Ron." Hermione said slowly. Ron nodded calmly and continued stuffing his face.

Hermione looked lost and so did Harry their expressions making me laugh even harder and everyone turned to look at me.

"What are you all looking at?" I said when I noticed all the stares.

"The Weasley's are one weird family" Harry whispered to Hermione and she nodded looking at Ron then at me with an eyebrow raised still unsure of what was happening.

"You gotta love them though" she whispered back giving us a warm smile and chuckling lightly.

*********************************

Picture of Cormac to the side.