Chapter Seven: Potions

Draco's POV: After class I walked to double potions with Pansy, Blaise and Theo. We had that class with Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and we were teasing Theo about it.
"Admit it Theo it was hilarious. She rejected you, for Thomas oh that must've been a big blow for your ego right." Pansy said with a huge grin on her face. Theo just glared at all of us and stalked off. I chuckled.
"Who are you taking then Draco." Said Blaise and him and Pansy looked at me expectantly.
"I'm not taking anybody I'll be going alone what about you two." I said and it was the truth there really wasn't any girl interesting enough.
"We're going together I guess. Pansy wanted to go with Weasley but I don't think he'll ever ask her and I really didn't want to go with anyone." I looked at Pansy like she was demented.
"Weasley as in the Weasel king." I said looking at her closely. She gave Blaise a glare then sighed and nodded. I shook my head and entered the classroom. We sat at the very back and slowly it started filling up.The Gryffindor Trio's arrived and got a whole row for themselves. Finally Slughorn came in and the lesson started but of course first he gave a speech, I tuned him out but then something got my attention something about house unity and getting paired up with someone your different house. I looked around and everyone looked shocked. Slughorn clapped his hands making everyone jump out of there seats.
"Ok here are the pairs: Harry Potter and Luna Lovegood, Ronald Weasley and Pansy Parkinson, Ginny Weasley and Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott and Parvati Patil, Adrian Pucey and Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas and Padma Patil, Neville Longbottom and Lavender Brown, and last Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy. Now please get into pairs and try brewing Veritaserum. Go."

I looked in horror at Granger. I mean I changed I became slightly nicer doesn't mean I want to be friends with Granger. Pansy looked excited and went to sit next to weasel who was gripping Grangers hand. I slowly made my way over. She looked at me and swallowed.
"You and Parkinson can work together I'll work with Hermione." Weasley said glaring at me and I shrugged.
"But we got partnered together you can't work with Granger Ron." I gave pansy a look. What the hell was she doing I didn't want to work with Granger.
"She's right I have to work with him I don't want to get in trouble." Granger said sighing, she stood up and sat behind Weasley I sat next to her. Pansy quickly took Grangers seat and eagerly started working. The whole class period was awkward we never once talked yet we were the first to finish. After class I headed too lunch it was probably like 3 o clock which meant I had one class and a free period then patrolling after Granger finishes tutoring.